CH. 6: My ANBU team

I glanced at my right when the Uchiha crouched down beside me, satring ahead.

"How long have you been their captain for?" I heard him ask.

"Almost four years ago. Five since I started ANBU." I answered after a short silence.

I watched as they took their masks off and I glanced at Sasuke for a second.

I could see in his eyes (barely.) He was surprised.

They both looked too young to be in ANBU.

"Don't be too shocked. They're both exceptionally skilled. The brunette. He's Hyuga Higeshi." I spoke as we watched him take his hair tie off and let his shoulder length hair fall down. Hinata's cousin from her mother's side, I believe. Very good with those eyes of his. He can see through an amazingly wide range." I continued and Sasuke listened like he seems to always do.

Quietly listen.

"His parents were both Hyuga. Both were very splendid shinobi. Both were killed in the war."

There was a brief silence before I continued:

"The redhead is Kaito. Just Kaito. He was raised alone just like Naruto-kun. He never knew his parents. I'm guessing he has Uzumaki blood from his looks."

Beside the red hair, he had the bluest eyes I've ever seen. Unlike Higeshi, who was always so calm and collected, he was pretty goofy, even cocky sometimes. A combination I learned to work out very nicely..

Everything would be gone as soon as we had our masks on, though. All emotion would disappear instantly.

It's been a few minutes now, everyone seemed to have rested. I stood up and so did Sasuke and we marched to Higeshi and Kaito (who was taking a swing from a small water canteen).

"We didn't introduce ourselves. Higeshi spoke -polite as ever- "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Uchiha Sasuke. You were teammates with Sakura-sensei. I'm Higeshi. That's Kaito." Sasuke nothing but nodded and Kaito looked at me.

"Sensei? Got a plan for us?"

"Not that I put much though in it. I want Higeshi's help."

"If it's the byakugan, I already tried. That man was the only one around in a five miles range."

"Then make your range wider. I want this mission over today." I sternly pressed and Kaito smirked.

"Why, sensei. You sound like you want to be home soon. Got someone waiting for you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised an eyebrow as I glared at him.

"Nothin' sensei. Just saying, you might have someone waiting for you home. You do have lots of fans." He continued playfully.

"Kaito. I'd watch my words if I were you." I said with a sickly sweet smile before my face went emotionless again. "Now back to the mission."

"I say we search around the western side of the borders. I 've seen some there and so was that man heading. We'd still need the byakugan to know if they have paper bombs attached to them like him or not."

"Ne, Uchiha-san. How did you know those were bombs."

"The smell of burnt paper bombs is unique. He must have used many to make sure nothing would go undestroyed for it to be so clear." He explained to the Hyuga, speaking for the first time.

"And it couldn't have been a jutsu. I saw him stop making hand signs." I added.

"Well, should we head out?" The red head asked.