Ch. 5 : Mission on the borders:

Sasuke and I walked out of Kakashi's office and I turned around to face him.

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" I asked, looking at him straight in the eyes and he answered shortly:
"I'll find an inn."

I turned around and started walking while I said:
"Don't. You can stay at my place until you settle in. That is if you're staying long enough."

"You don't have to." I could hear his footsteps behind me as we walked down the stairs.

"It's alright. We're leaving for the mission together anyway."

I have to say, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel now that Sasuke's back but things have surely changed.

I'm angry at him.. pissed.. I hate him so much I would love to beat him to a pulp, right here and now.

But...

We used to be teammates... And teammates stand up for each other. Even if I didn't like to talk to him at all, I will still treat him like I treat Naruto or Kakashi.

The walk to my apartment was long and silent and it had gotten very cold before rain started pouring down. The weather at konoha was always so perfect, nights like these were rare to have.

I can't remember the last time it rained in here...

When we were finally there, I quickly unlocked my door and we stepped in, both dripping. I switched the lights on and hurried to take my jacket and boots off.

Sasuke did the same to his cloak and ninja sandals.

I hurried to my room before I came back with towels, throwing one to him and he caught it with his single hand as I dropped mine on my head, rubbing it through my hair. I looked up at Sasuke and it was the first time I actually took in his appearance.

He was taller, at least a head taller than me. His hair was longer and reached his chin, still a bit spiky at the back but not as much, and he pushed it a little to the side, letting it slightly fall over his left eye, his rinnengan. With the navy cloak he had off, he only wore a black sweater and pants. He didn't have his hitae ate on, because he was travelling and didn't want to be recognised as leaf ninja I hoped..

"I'm going to change. The bathroom is right over there if you wanted to wash up." I pointed. I'll be making dinner right away so... make yourself at home."

I walked to my bedroom and went back out in no longer than five minutes dressed in a warm forest green sweater and black sweats.

When I found the Uchiha, he was standing by the coffee table, a small paper in hand.

Shishou's medical book was open and I realized what he was looking at... Our old photo..

After a second, he put it back down and looked up at me.

"I found some of Naruto's clothes if you want to change. Yours are still soaked. You can just leave them in the bathroom and I'll take care of them"

I handed the items to him and he nodded in what I assumed was gratitude before leaving for the bathroom.

He still spoke so little I had to guess what every gesture of his meant.

I put the photo back in the same book and closed it, setting it on the shelf where many of my books sat, before I went into the kitchen to make some dinner for the both of us..

In fifteen minutes we were sitting at my dining table, having some dinner, which wasn't much. I only made some miso soup, onigiri and some salad. Neither of us seemed to have much appetite for supper anyway.