"Drink?" He offers.

"You know i don't drink uncle." I now know why humans like to roll their eyes. It brings satisfaction. Lester politely declined, preferring to get right into the topic of discussion. Uncle Arthur poured himself a glass of whiskey, taking a deep whiff of it's smell before taking a sip. "Ah, nothing like well aged whiskey. It brings me back to the old days." He finally seated himself in his large chair behind his mahogany desk.

"Right, talk." 

"I fear it is not something we can discuss out loud, if i may?"  For a vampire as old as Uncle Arthur, he has a much stronger mind shield than normal vampires. We cannot penetrate through his mind forcefully but instead ask permission so that he will let us in. 

It concerns a demon. Lester started and uncle looks up from his glass to us. 

It has been a while since i saw a demon.

I believe a demon had...perhaps bonded with Lestaria. This evoked booming laughter from Uncle Arthur as he struggled to hold it in. I find myself gritting my teeth even though, i'm not exactly sure what Lester meant. 

Oh, she humors me, she does! 

I'm glad to be the item of your amusement, uncle. 

Forgive me child, this is too hilarious. You really know how to choose em'.

Again...glad. 

Where is the evidence? No possessive demon will leave his bonded without a mark. That is against a demon's nature much like a tail less mermaid, freak of the sea. Lester nudged my arm and I reluctantly uncovered my neck that has been concealed by a scarf. 

You got a very possessive one, child.

I am two hundred years old uncle, hardly a child.

Oh still have your mother's temper i see. She caused me hell with that temper of hers. 

I would LOVE to follow in her footsteps. I scowled. 

It is more advanced for a pre-mark. Do you see how the lines are unfinished? It is only beginning to form. How long did you get this mark?

Yesterday night.

In a dream i suppose?

Well...yes.

Demons lurk in dreams so he might have tried to summon you by a dream. I certainly felt the pull and the urge to go towards the voice. I wouldn't have managed to resist if it wasn't for my inner vampire thrashing around in pain. 

I believe so.

I would advice you not to go through with that. Follow him once, next thing you know, you're in hell. Literally in hell and he could summon you to him at will, anytime and anywhere, you can't even say no. Just poof, welcome to hell.

How do we stop him? Lester asked.

You most likely can't. One of the options is you don't sleep but I hate to have a sleep deprived niece, with that temper of yours. The other one is you summon him instead of him summoning you. Demon bonding is a lot like werewolves in terms of mates. He won't hurt you but you are pretty much stuck with a possessive demon forever. You can get him stay on earth than him getting you stay in hell. 

There's no other way? Like a way to break the bond? Lester gripped my hand, very worried. 

Nope, it doesn't work that way boy. Believe me, i lived for a loooong time, some had tried and all failed miserably. You can't undo work of nature, fate, destiny, whatever that lady is called. But hey, on the bright side, i get a demon for a nephew in law! Those suckers are notorious in gambling. 

Lester sighed, finally feeling what I had to deal with. A loony uncle. 

"So what now?" I asked Lester. 

"We get that demon boy of yours on our side." I frowned, great, it runs in the family. Uncle Arthur is such a bad influence. I glared at him as he happily refilled his glass. 

How do we summon him? I asked uncle. He paused pouring his prized liquor. 

Contrary to human belief, you can't summon them so those pentagram thingies are useless. They decide when they want to appear. Oh and i believe your question is how do you lure him out? He grinned like a maniac, rubbing his hands together, conspiratorially.

The answer is very simple. He's a demon and you, my lovely niece is a fine piece of vampire. Demons are stalkers, in fact, he must be here right now trying to eavesdrop and stare at you like a weirdo. Demons are also very in tune with the seven deadly sins. Lust being one of it making him one hell of a pervert. Figure it out. 

YOU WANT HER TO SEDUCE HIM? Lester's eyeballs were about to pop out of his head and roll over the expensive rug. 

Subtly! Shesh! It's not really seduction if he's horny for her all the time, is it?

That made Lester's eyes grow larger if possible. I can see the information was going to make him explode. I softly placed my hand on his arm and sent soothing thought to him that could tame his inner vampire. It works but the anger still burn bright.

"I believe we stayed long enough." I pulled Lester with me and we walked back to the entrance with Uncle Arthur a step behind us. Lester can't dematerialize when he is too angry. I turned to uncle and softly place a kiss on his cheek. "We will visit you soon."

"With half babies!" He teased and i frowned and slapped his arm. I walked back to Lester. "Next time, children, don't wait too long to visit me. An old man feels a bit lonely after a century." As much as i can't tolerate Uncle Arthur, he still is family and we care about him.

"I will see to it." I said before jumping upwards, using my heightened strength. I landed on the soft dirt. The moon is really bright tonight, i noticed. "Come on brother, we still have to add finishing touches to tomorrow night's party."

"I'm sure it will be amazing"

"I don't think i have to say this because you will undoubtedly win the game tomorrow but good luck." I wrapper my arm around his waist and he rested his arm around my shoulders as we walked back home like we didn't just went to the cemetery in the dead middle of the night two towns over. 

There was still that stalking demon thing hanging over our heads. 

_______________________________________________

Who thought that Uncle Arthur is a bit wacky? 

Or is it just me?