Chapter 13

Chapter 13 (Fida POV)

Past

{Not edited}

------------------------------------------------
continuation from chapter 11

Read back to that chap if you are little out of this book
----------------------------------------------

"Ms Leena, is she always like that?" I asked her the next day at lunch.

"Who is always like what?" She asked me.

"The supervisor. She is very rude. She even said 'goodluck with that" to my marriage."

"Wait you are married? When? How come you didn't invite me?"

"No I'm not married. My mum bought this for my birthday. Nothing much. Don't change the topic."

"Fine fine. I heard some rumours that she filed for divorce few days ago. Since I don't gossip much, I didn't dig deeper into it. Finish up your food. You got some real work to do."

"Just because she is going through tough time, doesn't mean she has to treat everyone badly."

"Ya ya. We all have a phase. Now come on. You have a lot of editing to do."

"Yup. Right behind you!" I replied with a fake enthusiasm.

I check my phone to see missed calls from my mother, father and the landline number. I sighed and called my mother.

"Assalamu alaikum ma. Why so many missed calls?"

"Wa alaikum salam. Ah Fida, where are you?"

"At work." Where else would I be?

"Oh what time you finish?"

"Today probably 5 or something. I have few articles to edit."

"Oh ok then. Come straight home!"

Again, where else would I go?

"Uh ok bye assalamu alaikum" I said quickly cutting the call.

I spent the rest of the hours editing and proofreading some articles. Not until I received a call from my father reminding me to come home fast. I sighed and packed all the articles. I made sure to separate them as finished and not finished. I pick up my backpack and clocked off.

As soon as I reached home I saw a lot of slippers of all kind outside the gate. After I hopped off and reached the gate my eyes widen. The house was packed. My eyes widen even further, if that's possible, seeing Irfan among the crowd. What is he doing here? Everyone silenced and made a way for me to go inside. My sister was handing everyone some snacks. What is she doing here?

What's happening? Did someone die? Astagfirullah! Inna lillahi va inna ilaihi raajioon!!

"Ah finally. Couldn't come earlier? You are supposed to be doing this you know." My sister whispered as she followed me to my room.

"Huh? What's happening? Who are these people?" I asked her.

"They are here to see you. Apparently there's going to be discussion on when to kick you out of the house!"

"Nobody is kicking me out! And fixing nikkah date so fast? I barely know the guy."

"Well you did question him, didn't you?" My brother in law asked.

"Ya but still.. I don't know the guy, BIL. I don't want to rush this."

"Chill. No one is rushing. This is just getting to know each other's family. It's just that they have more members then ours." He replied.

"So what do I do now? Sit there and stare into space?"

"Well you can converse with them but they already know that you don't talk. It's totally your choice, really." My sister said.

"You told them I don't talk?What kind of person are you? You never change. Quit telling others whether I talk or not. It's none of your business."

"Ok ok you two. Tone it down. We have guest outside."

"I don't care honestly! Tell your wife to mind her own business and not inserting her nose into others'."

"Wow ok cool down. Your brother is here to support you through this. Ok? Now relax and come out no one gonna bite ya!"

"You are siding with her? Unbelievable!" My sister said storming out of the room as I made a funny face.

"Technically you are not my brother. More of 'brother in law' so ya." I stated.

"Ah very funny. I can laugh tomorrow. Now just get ready and follow."

"Nah. I'm ok! And thanks for your support by the way. I could give you a hug for that but you are not my brother. You are brother in law. There are certain rules and restrictions. And I won't do it and..."

"Ya Allah! Save me from this girl!" He said leaving the room!

"I'm your favourite sister in law, BIL" I shouted after him.

"You are my only sister in law. So stop playing games and come." He said.

"Yes sir!" I said faking a salute and went out.

One thing I didn't know until later, that Irfan overheard our chat. When I was walking towards the kitchen, Aqsa was confronting him asking what was he doing near my room. He said nothing and tried to change the topic. How embarrassing. He was acting weird the rest of the evening. Before he leave, he came with my brother in law to talk to me.

"Assalamu alaikum" he greated.

"Wa alaikum salam. I heard you need to ask me something"

"Um are you ok with this? I'm not pressuring you, am I? I mean if you don't agree, I'm totally ok with it."

He look so afraid and somewhat disturbed.

"You were eavesdropping. And look like you are not good at that. I said I don't want to rush things. It will always ends badly. You sound more unsure of this marriage than I am."

"It's not that. I just... nevermind. Sorry I overreacted. Ok bye salam." He said rushing off.

"Is everything ok?" Brother in law asked me.

"You tell me. You weren't more than a feet away. "

He gave me a look. I sighed.

"I just don't get him. One day he was so eager to hear me say yes to this marriage. And today he said he'll be ok if I said no. So what's the point of all this really?"

"I think he like you a lot. And he wants you to do this out of your own will."

"He is just that innocent i guess."

"Oh my god girl! You so love him!!"

"You seriously need to stop watching white girl videos. You are becoming one of them!!"

"Ok. Stop worrying alright? And we are staying the night by the way!"

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

______________________________

The change of deadline force me to write this.

What do you think of this chapter, book?

Do comment, vote, share.

I'll be back soon... I think...

Bashayar