When I awoke again, the sun still hadn't set, which lead me to believe I didn't sleep for long. Sighing, I rolled over, only to be faced with a pair of silver eyes staring down at me.

I think my heart completely stopped beating at that moment.

At the same time as looking at my mate, it was as if I was in the presence of another man. He mirrored me-weak, distraught, tired. Under his eyes were shadowed, his face gaunt and worried as if he hadn't eaten the entire time I had been gone.

"I thought I lost you," he murmured, his voice cracking ever so slightly.

I sat up in the bed, throwing my arms around his broad shoulders, pushing him closer to me. This last week has been hell, and the feeling of Grayson in my arms is my only solace.

"I'm so sorry," he stated in my ear, hands running repeatedly down my back. I could hear the angst and honesty in his voice as he repeated the words 'I'm sorry' over again.

Words burned at my throat. "It wasn't your fault."

He held my head to his chest, so I could hear the erratic beating of his heart. He's been beating himself up over this, I can tell. If Reilly hadn't have kidnapped me then, he would have found another way. I want to express the words, but emotion is forcing them down.

Grayson pulled away, holding my shoulders back so he could look at me. Reilly never hit me once. No one did. That's not what I was there for, so I could tell that Grayson was relieved to see no marks on me.

"What happened? Why? Who do I have to kill?"

His questions came at me like wild fire, and I had to take a moment to assess what to tell him.

"A man I used to work with. His name is Reilly. He wanted me to be apart of his stupid uprising," I tell him. Grayson's face immediately darkens.

"I managed to escape though. He was keeping me in some sort of underground holding place. I'm sure if I agreed to his plan-"

Grayson was standing in a second, leaving the spot where he was sitting awfully vacant and cold. I caught his blazing silver eyes, overflowing with livid emotions and excitement.

"I'll alert someone. We will find this place and destroy it."

He turns his back, and for a fleeting moment I realise he's about to leave me. So caught up the anger at himself for letting this happen, he's about to leave me alone in this bed after I spent-I glance at the sun to see it still hasn't set-what felt like hours waiting.

"Grayson...Wait," I call out, just as his hand reaches for the door handle. I'm not about to let that man walk out my door, and I know he could hear that fact in my strained voice.

He turns slowly, meeting my gaze again.

"You're not seriously leaving me here?"

Instantly, I see a flood of understanding overcome him. He knew what I was insinuating without me having to say a single word. And in that moment, he went from the angry, spiteful young Alpha, to one I could understand.

He strode forward, determined as ever. Close enough to touch, Grayson stoops down, bracing his arms on either side of my body, as I lie against the bed, trapped. And this time, I don't mind in the slightest.

"I'll never leave you," he whispered, face, lips so close to mine. I could feel his body against mine, as he knelt upon the bed, consuming me with the feeling only a mate can inflict.

Reaching my hands up, I cup both sides of his face, feeling the softness of his skin, the caress of the sparks. Everything about him, in this moment seems so perfect, seems to slot in my mind like a missing puzzle piece I've been searching for my entire life.

"Kiss me," I reply, the sound of my voice so sultry and alluring I'm surprised it even belongs to me.

And he did. He met my lips with his own, finalising my thoughts with his body. And just feeling the way his lips move against mine, like no other, I believe fully that it can't get any better than this.

But it can. I gain a sample as Grayson's hands explore lower, down the side of my ribcage, to my waist which he holds like the most precious, fragile thing in existence. Even my hands have an insatiable need, as they thread through the thickness of Grayson's hair, pulling it like I can't get enough.

The taste of him, against my lips, so sweet, consumes me. I can't get enough, and I never will. And despite the need to carry this on, Grayson gently pulls away.

I stare up at him, the reflection in his eyes showing the redness of my cheeks, the completely enrapture of him in my own eyes.

And then he smiles, the juvenile Alpha I know back. "I told you, you'd have to beg for more."

I scrunch my nose up in disagreement, remembering his spoken promise that time in the kitchen. At the time I fully despised the idea of being with him in any way, but now my body yearns for it.

I watch him glance at the window, and for a moment I think he's admiring the sunset. Then he crawls off me.

"And I can't wait to hear it," he tells me, a crooked smirk on his face. I narrow my eyes, wanting to retort back with that fact that me begging will never happen, but the words stay in place within my mind.

Instead, I catch his wink as he departs from the room, before I slide out of bed. Twice he's done this now, and I want to find out why.

I'm going to follow him...

💙••💙

Ohhhh...What do you thinks going to happen?

Guys, I'm going back to school tomorrow :(

My Spring Break is over, and I'm back in for the last term of school. It's only three weeks, but then I'm in study leave over four weeks, when my exams take place.

After that I'm on my Summer Break, which is over Christmas...Yes Christmas is in summer over here.

Hopefully updating stays are regular as possible!

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜