Chapter 4

Upload Thursday is here!

😊 Song: Can't Forget You (FKYA Remix) by Krewella cuz I freaking love this song to death! I love the original one too but this just hits me in the soul and gives me an eargasm. 😂

xoxo

-----

When I went back to my room I saw the little troublemakers back in bed but sitting up and eating what I brought them.

Sometimes, I just regretted ever shouting at these adorable creatures. But, they did things that made me mad. I didn't usually get mad but since the divorce, I haven't been able to get enough sleep, and not getting enough sleep makes me angry or cry. You can guess I did which now.

"We're sorry, mommy," they both said in unison as they saw me standing at the door staring at them.

I sighed, "it's fine, sweethearts. Just try not to do that to me again."

"Mom, how long are we staying here?" Connor asked.

"Not long. I'll go out today to find us a new place to live. Would you two behave while I'm gone?"

"Yes, mommy," their reply came in unison. I loved it when they said things in unison.

"Okay, finish your food and then you both can watch tv while I'm gone, okay?"

They both cheered and started eating faster. I smiled while shaking my head and then went to change.

Somehow I knew this was going to be a long day.

-

It had been two hours since I was running around the city in search of a decent and affordable apartment. None of them were even close to habitable. Some had technical issues, leakage in the ceiling, floorboards cracked and the nice ones were too expensive. Like, what is a woman like me supposed to do?

In that search, I saw an advertisement flyer on a wall for a job. A job I desperately needed. And it was something I was interested in too.

A job for a tutor. What? What were you thinking?

Anyway, I called up the number immediately and they invited me over tomorrow at noon for an interview.

Not my dream job, but I gotta start somewhere, right? Well, in case you're wondering what my dream was, it was to become famous. Maybe because I loved interacting with people and I felt like I could bring a change in this world.

Now, all I had to do was find an apartment fast.

Going through ads in the newspaper and asking some people I managed to find a small apartment. It wasn't bad and within my range so I immediately signed the papers. I'd go to the hotel and get the kids and this was where we would stay.

I picked up some take-away and returned to the hotel. No sound was coming from the room I immediately started getting worried. What were those hooligans up to now?

Opening the door, I sighed in relief when I saw them just coloring in a book on the floor. They looked so adorable, I could squish them like oranges.

"I brought dinner," as soon as they heard this, they were on their feet but they were awfully quiet. They started moving towards me.

"Ah-em," I said stopping them. They refused to meet my eyes. I sighed, "what have you two done now?" I practically whined. I was not in the mood for something like this.

They didn't say anything but pointed to their right towards the bathroom.

I kept the dinner on the table before going into the washroom. To say I was furious would be an understatement. The washroom was overflowing with bubbles. But, I couldn't shout or say anything I was just too tired.

I stood in front of them and rubbed the bridge of my nose, "you two are cleaning it up. Tomorrow I have an interview and if I come back to something else, you're going to face my wrath, understood?"

"Yes, mom," they said in unison.

We sat down to dinner. They were still quiet from the scolding.

"We're moving into an apartment tomorrow," I told them and they smiled a little.

"Will we have our own room?" Tyler asked, probably worried we would have to sleep in one bedroom like this hotel.

"Yes, Ty. You and Connor have your own room."

"Yes!" They cheered and high-fived each other.

I didn't know what tomorrow would bring.

-----

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this book! It means so much to me!

Comment and Keep Voting!

xoxo

~Edited

Zoey.