Chapter 1

Meredy's P.O.V

I was walking around the palace halls... Bored. It's not like I asked for this. I never wanted this life... I hate people treating me like they wouldn't treat others... Being too nice even though I know they're thinking "What a snob..." "Little prissy bitch" What I can read people like open books.

I sometimes go out of the palace, with a hood to see others and to see the damn thieves that steal and bring them in for questioning... Of course my mom doesn't know, only Wendy does, it's our secret. I remember when she saw me sneak out of the palace when I was 12 and she was 4.

"Meredy~nee where are you going?" I look at her, tears left her eyes, "Are you leaving us like daddy did?" She said.

"No I'm not going to leave you, I promise. I'll come back, I always will, but please Wen, don't tell mom." I said.

"Ok, I will, but please don't go for long." She said.

"Don't worry, I won't."  I smiled, and then out of the hood of my blue cloak. I then jumped down the window grabbing on a vine that was on the side of it and climbed down.

"Eredy~nee! Meredy~nee!" Someone yelled grabbing my attention.

"Hmm yeah, Wen." I said.

"You're going out again aren't you?" Wendy said.

"Yup, I won't be out for long." I smiled and put up my hood, I ran out the door as quickly and quietly as I could, I walked into the market center.

I found a place it was small, it had some sort of fighting arena and a bar...

Little did I know that I would end up in that fighting arena...