A day accompanied by Dominico Redwind and a lot of head pain

Start from the beginning

“I don’t think it’s possible to eat a helium balloon, at least without popping it and letting the helium escape and then choking on the rest of the balloon.” Nailed it. Dominico gives me a weird look.

“Because a brick is completely possible to digest. Excuse my absurd thought.”

“Actually, as bricks are composed of…” I don’t get to finish my lecture as Dominico throws me onto the bed. “What was that for?” I ask and throw a pillow at him.

“For fear of science class on Saturday.” He says and catches the pillow before throwing it back at me.

“I’m not as boring as science class!” I defend.

“No, you’re worse.” Dominico says and ducks another pillow aimed at his head. I pick up another one but Dominico pins my arms down before I can launch my attack. He smiles in victory before he realizes what an awkward position this is.

“Dominico?” I ask.

“Yeah.”

“Why are you in my room?” I guess I forgot to ask him that before. Dominico blinks a couple times before he remembers.

“Oh, I was just making sure you were ready to go,” he says.

“Go? Go where? I just got here!” I exclaim. “And besides, I think I’m grounded.

“Well since your dad is the one who asked me to take you, I highly doubt he’ll forbid you from going,” Dominico says.

“My dad? Why? Where are we going?”

“We’re just going to go meet up with some council members to report your kidnapping and so they can try to figure out who did it and all that fun stuff.”

“There’s only three wizards alive so how hard can it be to figure out who did it?” I ask.

“Well, wizards are kind of like the glue that hold the witches and warlocks in alliance, you know that. So they probably will try to come up with another solution, one that doesn’t involve one of the most esteemed member of the W-member government being a psychopathic kidnapper.” Dominico says.

“But it was a wizard! You saw him! There isn’t another solution! He can manipulate inanimate and animate objects! You can’t seriously believe that it was some-“

“Faye,” Dominico cuts me off. “I believe you. And yes, I saw the guy and there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s a wizard. I’m just saying that they will try to explain it otherwise. That’s why your dad wanted me to go with you, if both a warlock and a witch claim that he was a wizard then it has more pull than only one of us claiming to have seen him.” I let out a breath to calm down.

“OK, so where exactly are we going?” I clarify.

“Downtown Indianapolis, a place called…Elphaba’s? I’ve never been there before, have you?” I shake my head no.

“Nope, never heard of it.”

“In that case we should probably get going,” Dominico says, glancing at the clock that reads 12:36.

“When do we have to be there?” I ask, grabbing my jacket from the back of my desk chair.

“2:00 and since it’s an hour away and we don’t know where it is…”

“We should go now.” I finish for him.

“¡Vamenos! That means let’s go!” Dominico says and grabs my hand before pulling me out of my room. I have never witnessed Dora possess anyone so quickly in my life. She must be a demon. An evil soul-possessing demon. THAT’S WHY SHE CAN GO WHEREVER SHE WANTS! The whole cast must be demons who possess the bodies of animals and a family and Swiper must be a demon hunter trying to hide the reaped souls where Dora can no longer find them. I gasp out loud.