Tales Of LouS NomeD - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The Wasteland

I awoke refreshed, full of energy and ready for a new day, the safe house that I slept within was exceedingly homely, the large seals for the windows were still locked and the bulking seal around the door was partially open. As the morning progressed I decided to open the windows and fully unseal the door, as the morning light shone in a large gleaming light in the distance arose, it seemed like a large reflective dish, pointing toward the house blasting the sun’s light toward the windows and aside the dish a cave next to a small machine with a large water barrel above it, the hills around the house where bright orange with patches of a green plant, nothing like I had seen before, it was almost as if it was from the old story books, I think it used to be called ‘grass’ there was also a small pool of what it seemed a blue liquid surrounded by rocks which weren’t orange, it would seem that out of the far reaches of the city there was vegetation, far as I could see there were no bodies, demons nor beats, I was alone in this paradise.

The day was progressing and so I decided I should go collect supplies for myself so that I may survive, although I could not cook there must be some cans of food out here, the best chance I thought would be the large reflective dish, I then began to move out, as I opened the door, a huge wave of heat struck my face, however there was no smell of death or decay, the air smelt different, it was fresh, no fragrance of any kind, the wind was wetting my lips, it was as if the air was carrying a liquid substance, different as this place was, I had to move, I closed the door behind me, then started to move toward the reflective dish, as I reached halfway I became weak, my body was being over exposed to this strange liquid within the air, as I became weaker, I knew I had to keep moving, however the dish seemed to far, I had to move to the cave it was closer than the dish and didn’t seem too far.

As I arrived at the cave, I entered within the gigantic arc, inside was a small metal door with two large figures stood at either side, the inside of the cave was a circular with a large boulder stood within the centre, as I moved closer two figures came from behind the centre rock, they spoke in a voice I hadn’t heard in years, they sounded like my mother and sister “Lous! Lous you’re here! We’ve been expecting you it has been so long you’re so grown up.”

I then spoke worried and confused “Mother? Sister? You’re alive? But you were taken from me, as a child. I have so many questions”

With confidence they spoke together “Come Lous, join us” as I approached them they held their arms wide, and covered me with love and emotion, however it did not feel right, my sister swooped away under my arms and out of view, as I was still held within my mother’s arms I heard a un sheathing of metal, as I tried to turn my mother grip became stronger, almost immobilizing me, I felt a small cold item being place upon my neck, as my sister began to giggle and my mother grinned, I thought to myself, these are not my family, as I raised both my feet to my mother’s chest I placed one hand upon my sister stomach, and whispered “Anima Flamma Conbustum” the energy rushed to my hand, I then forced my legs forward pushing my mother back with a huge force knocking her on her back, with the force from my legs I pushed my body into doing a back flip, whilst whipering again “Anima Flamma Conbustum” the energy rushed through my sister throwing her back from her centre onto her back, the cold metal piece upon my neck ripped a huge gaping hole in the back of my neck, as I landed I was unable to breath, I fell down to one knee spewing blood from my mouth, as I was running out of air from my lungs, with my wasting breath I yelled “Lux Corde Mederi” the white energy then rushed from my centre to the back of my neck where the huge hole was, the energy made me able to breath substituting for my missing skin, as I stood my mother rushed toward me un sheathing a large blade, swing it at my head almost simultaneously my sister copied my mother action with the same move almost mirroring each other’s every move, before the blades collided with my head, I ducked, the blades then collided tip to tip exactly on the same angle, they then drew the blades down toward me, as I rolled backward each move they made was getting closer and closer to me, however I had doubt in my mind making it difficult for me to concentrate, I thought what if they are family but they don’t know this is me, however rage was not arising I could not get angry, as they threw another attack at me, I tried to dodge them again however the blades ripped flesh from my forearms, the blade left a purple, scorch mark around the flesh they cut, as I knew I could not kill them I said to myself “Tempus Porta aperit” the purple energy made me dissipate and appear before the women within the void once again, she spoke with surprise and acknowledgement “Lous you have not learned of the truth yet have you?”

With confusion I answered her “No, but I have found my mother and my sister, they wish to kill me”

She then spoke with laughter “Lous, they will kill you if you do not fight back, but as you have not learned of the truth, I will bestow a gift, the word you use to arrive here will now slow time, if you say it when you are within the house you slept within last night you will appear here, now be gone and fight them”

Before I could speak my body began to dissipate once again, I appeared before my mother and sister, as they rushed toward me, I charged myself with energy, concentrating I could feel my anger getting the best of me, rage was sinking in, the energy which I was so desperately charging began to sheen purple, I raised both of my hands, as my mother threw their mirrored attack I placed both my hands below each of their blades as the energy I concentrated on began to flash two metal blades within my hands, deflecting the attacks, as there blades hit the floor, it seemed as they began to glow purple, the same as the demons, the blades within my hands appeared as two katanas, I was ready to fight, however to survive I must kill my family, the choice was difficult but my life had some purpose, anyone who dares fight me will lose, as they charged at my once again they made a three point move, mirroring each other, they ran then stopped inches from me with their blades stood vertical into the ground, they then spun round to the other side whilst lifting the blade with one movement swinging it at my body, before the blade reached my skin, I raised my katanas so that their blades were blocked my mine, however there final move was unexpected, from behind their backs they unsheathed a long thin sword jamming it within my stomach, the blades were crossed inside me, as I forced my katanas outward I forced there blades back before, flipping my blade within each of their chests raising them up above my head, as the blade began to dissolve from my hands their blood ran down the front of the blade onto my hand, tears dropped from their eyes, as their voice changed as they spoke “Lous, why? We are family, why would you kill us! You are no family of mine, you are disowned Lous, you are now not of our relations”

As they spoke with their last breath, I stared within my sisters eyes, as she dropped to the floor on her knee’s her body was straight, I spoke angrily “You are not my sister! You are a vile creature” as I finished speaking I raised my foot and slammed it within her chest forcing her onto her back, as I removed one of the weapons from my stomach, I then forced the sword within her chest, as I turned to my mother I then drew the other sword from my stomach and spoke with disappointment “Of all the people, I would never of thought it would come to this, as I lifted my mother from the floor, I lunged the sword within her cortex, before releasing the sword and booting her in the chest.

Tears began to whelp within my eyes, I was crying with pain mourning the death of my sister and mother, I kept reassuring myself there was no choice, I had to do it for their own good they were demons, beats, vile abominations of pure evil! With pure rage and hatred I turned toward the door at the far side of the cave, the two figures guarding the door had come to life, they were much closer than before, they looked like ogres, huge with dirty beige coloured skin, my anger and rage forced me to jump toward the ogres face before propelling my fist into the face of the ogre several time pulling it to the floor, as a huge sledgehammer appeared within my hands, I then slammed the hammer into the back of the ogres head, as the weapon hit, the ogres head exploded throwing fragments of its skull and skin covered in blood  all over, my face was covered, all that remained was an imprint in the ground covered in blood of where its face used to be, I then swung at the knee caps of the other, again as the great sledgehammer hit, it obliterated the ogres kneecaps, as it dropped to its now none existing knees, I raised my weapon and forced it within the chest of the creature, breaking every one of its ribs, the ogre let out a huge bellow of pain, I rose my weapon again and smashed the ogres face several times, each hit more devastating than the last, as I wanted the ogre to still live as I hit it, I prevented myself from killing the ogre as I continued to slam my hammer into the ogre, every hit the ogre let out a shriek of pain, every time I hit the ogre I felt better, my rage began to loosen, as I began to feel much better I slammed the hammer within the ogres face killing it.

The hammer in my hand disappeared, my thoughts turned to what they were defending, the door in the far side of the room, what was in there? What was hidden? I proceeded to move toward the door, however as I opened it, what was inside was much different to what I was expecting, it was nothing like the labyrinth, but it was time to take a look around.