Tales Of LouS NomeD - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Void

Whilst I was passed out I had a dream about my family and Tala, however the words of the beast, it was telling me my family are still alive, and Tala isn’t really dead, I trust that Farid has kept Tala safe but how can it be possible my family are alive? They were taken from me I saw it with my own eyes, my sister, my mother and father taken from me. The beast must be lying but there’s always hope, a light in the dark.

As I awoke I became startled and confused, it would seem that I had moved within the cavern I made, but how? Whilst I was unconscious I was somehow able to move, or was I moved? Maybe fate pushing me along my path? However the light was still flickering at the other side of the cavern, I had to move, I needed to know what the light meant, or maybe it was the outer world? As I stood, I noticed that my body was still being healed by the white energy, even though I was able to move I had no pain, the energy seemed to substitute for my missing energy, I had no remorse or fear, no anger or rage, the energy had put me to total peace. As I started to move toward the light, there were cracks coursing through the very cavern I had created, maybe the outer wold had immense pressure on this cave, at any rate I knew I didn’t have much time.

As I started to move, I had a weird pain it was neither a sting nor a cut however it felt as if I was losing gravity itself, I was able to move faster than I had ever been able to before, every step was as if I was leaping forward, as I approached the light it became purple, closer I got to the light the more intense the colour became. Just before I was able to touch the light, it became so intense that I was unable to see anything but white words, they read ‘Tempus Porta Aperit’ as I spoke the words aloud, my body began to dissolve in a purple energy. From my legs my body began to float whilst this purple energy took over, I was unable to move, as I was engulfed in the energy it seemed like I was moved, as I could not see where I was I whispered, “Anima Flamma Conbustum” as my hand began to glow, I pointed to what I thought was in front of me and said again, “Anima Flamma Conbustum” as the bolt of energy left my hand it lit up the surface around itself, The light reflected from millions of eyes, dark and confused angered, they all were focused on me, everywhere there were eyes focused, silent, ready, they were breaths like the wind, I could not move, my motives prevented me from attacking, if they watch me standing idle I do not want to kill them, however I needed a way to show the way, and I knew just what to do, as I whispered to myself “Lupus Longe Oculos” similarly to before a searing pain filled my head, as the pain began to grow I passed out once again.

As I awoke, there were several corpses stood around me and a woman with a faint voice she spoke with the most comforting voice I have ever heard, every second felt as if I was complete, it was like I was meant to be here, in the back of my mind I knew I had to get out of here, but the thought of spending my eternity with this being, was more than I could hope for, for the first time I didn’t want to move,  “Hello, it would seem you have come to the void, this is my home, it is the end and the beginning, were the dead rest whilst new life is created, I would welcome you to my humble home, however you are not of the dead, you my young Lous have a some wrongs to right, now go… leave me, I will be waiting for your return”

As she finished speaking I began to well up with a single tear, as I spoke “But mistress, you are of the dead are you not? Why do I fell as I want to spend my eternity with you, yet this is the first time we have met?”

Again she spoke with truthful answers and laughter “Young Lous, you feel for me as all the men do, I am of the dead as you say, to keep the at rest and not want vengeance they will stay, I make you feel as you belong so you will stay, Oh and Lous, you have a question that I will answer but you may not ask, they are alive, they have not being permitted to me, now go!”

Confused, I did not want to ask what she meant, I felt like I knew however, it must be what the beast told me before, my parents are alive! As it was time to go, if she was right when I leave this place I will not want to return I will understand and not be stricken with this feeling.

As my feeling grew it seemed I was unable to move, however those who are left here die, I had a thought of how to leave, it was a long shot but it could work, I couldn’t feel anything but peace before. I could try again, As I whispered “Lux Corde Mederi” a white energy began to grow around my body cutting all emotion, the peace began to sink within me, I began to feel nothing once again, it seemed I was able to move without any emotional attachment, as I stood I could see the way I was meant to walk, a small blue line leading off into the distance.

As I followed the line it brought me to a wall with a small white hole in the centre, as I stared into the void, I could see a room which was empty, it had solid reinforced walls, with a large door, the windows had large metal seals, it seemed impenetrable from the outside, the room itself looked very comforting, a safe house with a lovely interior.

As I entered into the room my first thought was to rest, as I slowly began to walk over to the bed, the portal behind me closed, I was alone, the white energy was fading from me, I was able to rest, as I laid down my eyes became weary and heavy, it was time for me to rest, within the new day I shall continue my search for freedom. The house was within a wasteland, nothing other than this building, alone, and abandoned but so clean and preserved.