Chapter One

"Thank god you live next door to me," Zandria said.

A warm melodious laugh drifted through her phone and made her feel relax straight away. She was lucky to have such a awesome neighbour and also close friend.

"Don't mention it and you know I love the little guy," Beatrix said.

Zandria smiled grew, everybody loved her little boy, Bern. You couldn't help it, the second people set eyes on her son, they just seemed to love him. To Zandria he was her rock in this chaotic world.

"There goes another nanny. Why do they keep quitting. Bern is a perfect baby, I don't get it. They complain that he is terrible and horrible."

"Lies. Bern is perfect and they are wrong. I know for a fact he doesn't play up on them. I think they are the terrible and horrible ones," Beatrix replied.

Zandria shook her. This was her tenth nanny and the last one the agency would send to her. She also knew that no other agency in the city would deal with her because the other agency would tell others to stay away from her. She sighed.

"Don't you worry Zandria. I will look after him. He is no trouble and he loves hanging with his aunt Trix."

They both laughed as she heard Bern baby garble in the background. It was as if he was agreeing with Beatrix.

"Thank you and I shouldn't be home too late,"

"Take your time, we are cool."

They say bye to each other and hang up. Zandria sighs and lays her head back. Life can never be easy for her. She shakes her head as she hears her manger pop his head out of his office. She works in the IT department of Frost Empire. Just one of the many worker bees that exist in the building.

He looked around and saw the other empty desk. There are five techs in the department and they work in the basement, to be close to the servers and other stuff that kept the company going. The other four were on jobs already.

"Aaaah Zandria," he said, walking out of his office. "The head of security is having trouble with his computer. He needs help. He is up in his personal office and not in the main security office."

She stood up and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She slipped the bag over her head that held all sort of things she could need on a job and nodded her head.

"Sure, I will head right up there."

"Thanks."

She walked to the elevators and jumped in the one that arrived at her floor. She pressed the button for the top floor where the head of the empire had his office, along with his head of security personal office. The doors dinged open and she stepped out into the luxury of sleek modern area.

"Hello dear," A kind older woman's voice came from in front of her.

She looked to the woman sitting behind the desk. Automatically, she knew the woman before her was a nurturer and carer. She smiled warmly at Zandria, which she couldn't help but return.

"Hello, I'm from the IT department. Mr Rainier needs assistance with his computer," she said, approaching the lady's desk.

She saw the plaque read Mrs Harris. Zandria had never come up this high before, one of the others usually were sent up here.

"Yes, just go to the door down there. That is Mr Rainier's office. He has just popped out for a moment but he told to send you straight through to fix the computer. He was in a hurry dear, I didn't get a chance to ask the problem but you will probably be fine working it out."