Prologue

I wished I was dead. But that wasn't meant to be, well not yet anyway. The yearning ripped through every shred of my body. Pain also danced through my body, however, the yearning was far more stronger then the pain I was feeling.

My beautiful sisters voice drifted through my ears but I couldn't listen to her. I knew she was squeezing my hand and praying that I would just hold on. She didn't want me to let go. She thought I was dying, but I was already dead in my heart. My body would surely follow once this last task was done. Once I gave the soul inside me life.

My soul couldn't live without the love I had known, the passion that one man had given me. I didn't know that I could feel such a way for another soul and yet the soul that had thrived in me for the past nine months couldn't even ignite the flame in my heart. Especially since that soul came from my love and mine passion. I couldn't even hold on for my child. But there was a part of me that wanted to.

"Push,"

The voice broke through my harrowing thoughts. My time had come. I looked to my beautiful sister, our violet eyes holding each others. I could see she knew. This beautiful woman was stronger than me, yet I was the older sister.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she replied, kissing my temple.

I pushed and heard the cries of my babe. Then they quietened, as he was taken care of. I laid back and shut my eyes. I listened to them as they attended to my child and also me. I didn't want to see my child because I knew it would only hurt more. The child would be okay, I knew that.

A hour later I sat in a empty room. I knew my time had come. I heard the whooshing sound and pulled back the blankets. I heard his powerful call and walked into the warm glowing light.