29. Give Me That Swing

Start from the beginning

I walk upstairs to Lilah's play room where she sat on the floor playing with her new toys she got for Christmas.

I laid on my back on her floor as she began to talk to me while drawing on her chalkboard that Vic and Danielle bought her, she loved that thing so much, she actually thinks she's a teacher.

Along with that, Mike and Alysha not only bought her a Barbie doll with all the accessories but also got her a play desk that she can sit at and color.

"Mama?" I hear her say, my eyes closed as my body tried to relax.

"Mama, sleep shhh." She says caressing my cheek with her hand.

I smile at her words then open my eyes, "Boo!"

She screams then giggles, "Mama play."

I get handed a coloring book and a yellow crayon while she goes back to her chalkboard and begins to talk while drawing on it.

"Tell me your ABC's princess." I say, Jaime had been teaching her to say them while I was working.

"A." she starts.

"What comes next?"

She looks around then down to her hands, "B." She says with a questioning look.

"Yes." I smile.

I finally get her to tell me all her letters then hear Jaime come in downstairs, "Daddy's home." I say with excitement getting her all riled up.

She leads the way down the stairs, slowly but surely, getting to where Jaime is in the kitchen placing all the bags of drinks on the counter.

"There were so many people!" He says letting out a huff of air.

"Well, everyone is getting ready to party tonight." I remind him.

"Can we take a nap before having to get ready?" He asks taking Lilah from my arms.

"Yes, I need one."

We go upstairs and to our bedroom placing Lilah in between the both of us, we never actually got much of a nap though, seeing as Lilah was full awake and full of energy.

She kept a lovely conversation going with Jaime who was humming his responses to her, "Do I talk this much." He mumbles to me.

"Yes." I reply with eyes closed.

"Daddy." She says getting me to open my eyes quickly.

She had never actually said the word daddy, just dada or da, but hearing daddy for the first time melted my heart.

"She just said daddy." I coo.

"That was cute, my heart skipped a beat." Jaime smiles placing his hand over his heart.

"Dada," Lilah says tapping his arm.

"Lilah."

Then she begins talking again, still mumbles of Barbie and something she saw on TV, I am for sure going to have talks with teachers when she starts school, hearing them tell me that she talks too much.

A few hours later Jaime's phone alarm goes off signaling that it's time to start getting ready, it was currently six and our friends would be arriving at eight, and we still had a few things to do before they got here.

I quickly jumped in the shower, rinsing over my body and scrubbing my hair, I got out and put on some black pantyhose along with a baggy shirt so I can fix my hair and makeup.

Just as I sat down at my vanity Jaime emerges with a towel in hand, "Lilah fell asleep on the bed, gonna take a quick shower." I nod my head in agreement and turn back to the mirror.