Chapter Seven

(Jason on top )

The loud beeping of the alarm the next morning rang throughout the room as I was forced to open my eyes.

Through bleary vision, I reached over Jace's body to shut the alarm off. Groaning, Jace placed an arm over his eyes, the sunlight beaming into the room too bright.

" Morning babysis." He said, his voice coated with sleep, still heavily weighed down by tiredness as a husky tone overtook his usual smooth, deep baritone.

" Morning." I said, looking over to him as he smiled lazily up at me.

Sitting up, he placed his large hands on top of my head and ruffled my hair, as if my bed head wasn't already messy enough.

Playfully glaring at him, I reached over to ruffle his hair as well, making sure to put extra force as I vigorously messed up his hair.

Soon, it turned to an all out brawl, my giggles filled the room as Jace tackled me onto the bed, tickling my sides as he hovered above me.

" Say you're sorry!" He said, pulling his lips into a blinding grin as his perfectly white teeth sat in neat rows.

Unable to really speak, I forced out my next words. " I'm sorry! I'm sorry! " I breathed out. My cheeks already aching from laughing too much.

" Say I'm your favorite brother!" He said, his fingers halting for a second, wiggling as he playfully threatened me into saying my favoritism.

" You're my favorite!" I shouted.

And he finally released me from his hold, his body rolling over mine as he stood up on the edge of the bed. Smirking, he turned to me while I was still lying on the bed, trying to catch my breath as I took deep gulps of air.

" I've always know you liked me best."

Turning around, he made his way downstairs. Silently chuckling, I sat up on the bed. My stomach slightly aching from all the tautness that accompanied my laughter.

Still smiling to myself, I padded out of the room, my bare feet hitting the carpeted floor quietly. The drastic change of temperature had sent shivers down my spine as cold air hit my bare legs.

Walking into my room, I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed my face with warm water. Since it was a weekend, I decided to dress down, putting on a pair of loose short shorts and an oversized shirt that belonged to Jason.

Putting my hair up into a messy ponytail, I rushed down the stairs, the smell of bacon sizzling on a pan and fresh scrambled eggs filled the house, sending all of us into a panting, salivating group of siblings.

As I entered the kitchen, I was greeted by Jace who was expertly flipping pancakes and a shirtless Kyle working on the bacon strips. Their backs facing me as I sat down on my usual stool.

Turning around, Jace carefully placed another pancake on top of an ever growing stack. The smell of the melted butter sent warm tingles down my spine as my stomach grumbled in anticipation.

" Morning." I said.

" Hey, there was a thunderstorm last night right? How did you hold up?" Kyle asked, concern etched onto his marble smooth face.
His full eyebrows scrunched together in symmetrical straight lines.

" It was ok. Jace was there."

Jace threw me a wink before he turned to place the pan in the sink while Kyle was sulking, a spatula in his hand as he placed the bacon strips onto individual plates.