(1) Flowers for Him

Start from the beginning

I slowed down and turned to the corner, seeing the magnificent mansion I was talking about not too long ago.

"JAAAAAY!" I screamed, before halting to a stop and gently taking the bouquet from the front basket of my bike. "JAAAAAY!"

I ran towards the patio and rung the doorbell. I smiled widely as the door opened up, seeing Jay's mother, Emily. "Hey Em!"

"Hey Riles." She greeted and was about to give me a hug when she saw what I was holding. Her eyes widened and asked, "Is that for my son?"

Nodding enthusiastically, I showed off the bouquet I personally made. "Beautiful, huh?"

She grins, "As beautiful as the owner. Come on in."

I blushed because of her statement but entered her lovely home anyways. "I'm going upstairs!" I called out while climbing up their stairs.

"Alright! Oh and Riley, please tell him that dinner's ready!"

"Okee dokee mommy Emmy!" I laughed as I called out my version of "yes ma'am" to her.

Knocking two times, I entered the room and gawk as I saw Jay sitting in front of his computer. Since his monitor is facing his room's door for some reasons, I can clearly see that he was currently stalking someone on Instagram.

And it isn't me.

Jumping from my entrance, Jay turns around and frowned at me. "What are you doing here?"

I felt my hand grip on the bouquet quite tighter than before, "Why are you stalking Jessa Knelm?"

Jessa Knelm aka Mertano Junior High's number one flirt.

"She's hot." He shrugged bluntly, making me gulp with extreme jealousy.

What do Jessa have that I don't?! -Oh right, her extreme flirtiness.

"Oh..." Coughing the awkwardness off, I grinned at him, "I brought you some flowers!"

I shoved the bouquet to him and grinned as he picked it up. "It's beautiful, right?"

"Uh yeah..."

"I made it myself!"

And with that, he sighed. "Look Riley, you're a girl and I'm a boy; If anyone's supposed to be giving what to who then the boy should be doing that to the girl he likes."

"Pfft, what happened to gender equality?"

"Riley..."

"Fine." I picked up the bouquet from him and gasped, "Oh Jay! This is for me? Why, you're so kind!"

He rolled his eyes, "I don't like you, Riley. I mean, I like you as a friend but not as a... well... what you want."

I felt tears brimming in my eyes, "...but Jay... I love you..."

His eyes widened, "Whoa, hold there Riley. We're still 14, you don't know what the meaning of love is."

"I do!"

"What is it?"

"It has no other explanation but my feelings for you."

He grabbed the bouquet from my hands forcefully and threw it at the other side of his room, making me shout in pain. Not physically, but emotionally. "JAY!"

He groaned and faced me, "Listen here, Riley. You don't know what you're talking about -but if you think that the nonsense you're talking about is true, then don't get me mixed up with your lame ass fantasy."

Gasping, I was about to pinch him for saying a bad word when he pulled his hands away and glared at me, "Stop acting like we're together because we're not."

Did you guys hear my heartbeat? Oh wait, you didn't. Because he tore it apart.

I licked my lips since it was dry, "B-but I love you-"

"Well, I'll hate you if you continue loving me!"

"I-I'm sorry, J-Jay..." I sobbed and fell on the ground, "Please d-don't hate me. I'd do a-a-anything so y-you w-won't hate m-me."

He walked towards to where I was. Yes, that's right. Jay Emerson will never hurt me. Because I love him and someday he'll love me too.

He knelt down in front of me and said coldly, "I'll never love you, so please, stop loving me."

The look in his eyes scared me, the dark and cold look in his eyes that got my 14 years old self wanting to crawl back into my room.

I shook my head while sobbing and stopped when I saw the beautiful bouquet lying on the floor at the corner of his room. Turning to my left, I saw the unmissable red construction paper I cut into hearts to give as letters to Jay... inside his trash can.

Jay had done this to me before, rejecting me on the spot, but what hurts the most right now was the reality that crashes down on me when I realized that Jay Emmerson will never love me.

"DINNER'S READY!" Emily's jolly voice called out from downstairs.

I wiped the tears from my eyes with the back of my hands and smiled, "A-a-as y-you w-w-wish."

His eyes soften and he offered me a hand to stand up, "Come on, let's eat."

Shaking my head, I stood up on my own and smiled at him, "I c-can't..." I took a step back and tried smiling, "I g-g-got to go. M-mom wants me for dinner."

Not waiting for his reply, I turned around and left his room. Running downstairs, I accidentally bumped Adam. "Riley?" He grinned, then he noticed my tears. "Are you crying?"

Not being able to give him a reply without a sob, I forced myself to nod and left their mansion. Hopping on my bike, I went back to my home and planned on how to put myself to sleep tonight since I'd be crying for a very long time.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

UPDATE AS OF JULY 13, 2018:

This is just a sneak peek for the book because it's now in Ficfun.com or the Dreame App (LINK is in my profile, read it for FREE!)

I hope you're interested in reading the whole complete version of the book and I also hope that you guys would continue on supporting me there :) Chapters 6 to 35 with an epilogue would be there and again, the link is in my profile.

Love lots Crazeeps, love lots <3 Thank you so much for everything and I wouldn't have received this opportunity without you guys. Same goes with The Bad Boy Inside The Fairy Suit <3