Prologue: The Fire

The flames crackled angrily, licking at anything nearby. Trees toppled the small village that once stood proudly. Screams echoed through the wind. The village had been raided by Malefeces and his forces once again.

Malefeces was coming for one reason: The prophesied eggs. The dragons of the prophecy were foretold to defeat him, so he wanted to put a stop to them. All four of the eggs resided in a secret village in Typepeira known as Sanctuary, a place where dragons fled to hide from Malefeces.

Malefeces flew down from the black sky as his soldiers tormented the survivors of the fire. He latched onto a rooftop, crawling into the entrance like a python. He looked around slyly, his eyes glowing a deep red. He sniffed the air, and realized he had come to the right place.

Mal was terrified. She clutched the egg to her chest tightly, hidden in a corner in the dark room. She breathed heavily, knowing Malefeces was approaching her. She didn't know what to do.

"Mal," Malefeces sneered, "There's no way you're getting out of this- you or your son."

Mal did not reply. She quickly bolted for the entrance, but Malefeces caught her tail in his sharp talons. She let out a cry, losing her grip on the egg as it slipped out of her paws and into the dark abyss below her. "No!" She cried.

Malefeces laughed at her defeat, his malignant eyes glaring down at her.

"Look what you've done now. You killed him. This could have ended so much better for the both of you!" He snarled, slapping his pronged tail against the hard floor.

"Malefeces, please let me go!" Mal cried, "You've done enough damage- my family is dead because of you!" A single tear fell down her face.

"This is your fault, Mal! If you hadn't made that prank call, this wouldn't have happened. Actually, this is working out pretty well for me. I can finally get back at you for everything, destroy the eggs, and rule the world!" Malefeces roared confidently.

Mal widened her eyes.

Her world was ending.