“Sorry,” Dallas apologized in a whisper.  “I’m just so nervous!”

“I couldn’t tell,” I responded with heavy sarcasm.  We traded grins and went back to watching, Dallas breathing out a sigh of relief when the Doctor intervenes and saves Captain Jack.

“Who wants to watch another one?” I asked gleefully once the episode ended.  Dallas said he would, but to my surprise, Breton didn’t want to.

“Oh,” I said, disappointed.  “Well thanks for coming over, I guess.  And thanks for helping me get Dallas into the Whovian fandom.  I wouldn’t have been able to do it by myself.”  Breton nodded and left.  “Bye,” I said lamely as he crossed the street.

“He’s acting weird,” I commented to myself as I joined Dallas once again in front of the TV.

“Can we watch another episode with Jack in it?” he practically begged.  I nodded and then got the brilliant idea to play the episode in which Jack finds himself on a version of What Not to Wear.  I suppose the episode is better known as Bad Wolf, but Dallas will always think of it as The episode where Jack is naked.

“All you can see is his chest,” I pointed out to my drooling best friend.

“It’s the thought that counts,” he replied.

“Pervert,” I muttered.

We watched several other episodes, all containing Jack Harkness.  I laughed at Dallas when he clutched my arm during The Empty Child, even though we had already watched an episode with the gas mask zombie people.  I didn’t really blame him though, they were scary.

Dallas also liked the tenth Doctor.  I believe his exact words were something along the lines of, “Dang, he is fi-i-ine,” but I was trying to block out his pervertedness.  I was still an innocent, for goodness sakes!  Although I had to agree, Ten is, in fact, very good looking.  

An hour later, I bid Dallas farewell and waved as he walked out to his car and drove away.  I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a mug for hot chocolate and dug through my stash of candy.  When my water was heated, I mixed in chocolate powder.  Stepping into the other room, I grabbed George off the side table and opened to a new page.  Curling up in the corner of the couch, I pulled the cap off my pen, shook my head in disappointment when it didn’t turn into a sword, and began to write.

I think I know who I’m saving Breton from.  He was talking on the phone earlier today, and a scary voice on the other end was threatening him.  Breton didn’t seem very scared, but he was angry.  And he acted strange for the rest of the time he was here.  Not even watching Doctor Who could relax him.  This is a serious problem if even The Doctor couldn’t fix it.  The Doctor is the best medicine.  Ooh, that was a bad pun.  Not very.... punny.

Next step in Operation 45D, find out who Scary Voice Man is.  And if he turns out to be a threat, eliminate him.  Well, not eliminate him, obviously.  But you know, protect Breton from him.  If worse comes to worst, or however you say that, I can always start searching for a really great lawyer.

I imagined having a conversation with George, if he was a person.  He’d say, “Don’t you think you’re taking this a little too far?  You’re thinking of murdering someone you haven’t ever met!  Calm down, take a step back, and think about this more reasonably.  You aren’t the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D, Georgie.  Chances are, you probably are protecting him from getting bad grades in school or something.”  Then I would overreact again.

“Bad grades?  I didn’t even consider that possibility!  Remember when he was late to class?  That could negatively affect his grade.  This stops now!  I’ve got it covered, don’t worry George!”