“What about Jack Harkness?  You have to watch one episode with Captain Jack, please!  You won’t be able to resist after seeing Jack.  He’s hot with a capitol H-O-T!  Come on, you know you want to just see what he looks like,” I persuaded.

“So get me a laptop and Google him.  I don’t need to watch an episode,” Dallas said smugly.

Yeah, he’s about to be hooked.  Prepare yourself for the greatest thing ever Dallas.  Prepare.

“One episode,” Dallas said as soon as the pictures came up.  “Only one, and he has got to be in it.”  I gave an evil laugh and logged onto Netflix, choosing Doctor Who and finding one of my favorite episodes, The Doctor Dances.

“Hold on a minute while I tell Breton I convinced you,” I said, passing him the remote.  

“Breton,” I called walking into the other room.  “Where’d you go?” I asked.  I heard a noise and walked up the stairs, towards my room.  “Hello?” I asked, knocking first.  No answer, so I pushed open the door.  Suddenly his conversation was very easy to hear.

“Breton, you have to try harder!  This is serious boy,” a scary voice said.

“I’m trying,” Breton growled.

“Not hard enough,” the SV said.  “Maybe you need some incentive.”

“I’m not one of your paid workers.  You signed a contract.  You can’t do anything to me.”

“True,” SV said.  “But you still have to hurry.”

“Fine,” Breton said with a growl and hung up his phone.  I walked back to the top of the stairs and called again.  The whole time, I was thinking about the Scary Voice and wondering if he was the “villain” in this thing.  Is it possible I had to save Breton from whoever was on the other end of the phone?

“Breton?  Are you up here?  I convinced Dallas to watch an episode!”

“Coming,” he said, emerging from my room and shutting the door gently.  “Sorry it took so long.”

“No problem.”  I smiled at him, but then frowned.  “Are you okay?  You look kind of tense.”

“I’m fine.  So, what episode are we watching?”  He was passing it off as nothing, but his forehead was all wrinkled up and his mouth had a sour twist to it.

The Doctor Dances.  One of my favorite Nine and Rose episodes.”

“And who can forget the daring Jack Harkness?” Breton teased.

“Exactly,” I said with a grin and a wink.  “Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked again as we entered the main room.

“Georgie, I’m fine,” he tried to assure me.  I wasn’t convinced and watched him closely as he took a seat in one of the comfortable arm chairs.  Breton’s body was tense and angry.  He looked the exact opposite of fine.  But I dropped the subject since I still didn’t know him all that well, and turned my attention to the screen.

Throughout the episode, I knew Dallas was dying to comment on nearly everything Jack said, but held it in because of Breton’s presence.  I had to refrain from laughing at my friend when he nearly passed out once or twice.  By the time we got to the part where Jack realizes that his destruction was eminent, Dallas was going crazy with worry.  He leaned forward in his seat and was biting his fingernails.

“Dallas, calm down!  Biting your fingernails isn’t attractive,” I teased.  Immediately he sat back up straight and folded his hands in his lap.  Breton glanced at us, but turned his attention back to the television quickly.