Chocolate [AU Niall Horan Fan Fiction]

☀☼☀☼☀

        After a long, brutal flight, Niall Horan finally landed back home in Mullingar, Ireland.  Most people would feel happy and relieved to be back home, but the blue eyed Irish charm felt nothing but disappointment.  He shouldn't be here.  He should be back at one of the judge's houses preparing for the next round of the show.  He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes high that he would have made it past boot camp, but he couldn't help but feel confident that the judges would call his name.   Instead, he had his dreams crushed when his name wasn't called at all.  He should be grateful to have even gotten that far, but all he could feel was insecurity.

        He was pulled out of his upsetting thoughts when he heard his name called by a familiar Irish voice, "Niall!"

        He turned his head to the left to see Adelynn Johnson, his best friend since grade two.

        "Adelynn," Niall exhaled happily and wrapped his arms around her petite , curvy figure.

        He buried his head in the crook of her neck and inhaled her sweet scent that smelled like chocolate while running his hands through her long locks of wavy brown hair.

        "I'm so proud of you, Ni," Adelynn told him encouragingly.  "Who would have known that my little leprechaun would be on tv!"

        Niall breathed in and out, trying to stop the tsunami tide of tears threatening to break free of their barrier, but it was no use.  Niall knew for a fact that he wasn't as strong as most guys his age.  He was a softy at heart.  He cared too much and got hurt too easily.  There was no point in denying it.

        "I'm sorry, Addy," Niall croaked in between sobs.  "I didn't want to disappoint you."

        Adelynn pulled away to cup Niall's tear stained cheeks in her small hands.

        "You did not disappoint me, Ni," she whispered in a soft, soothing tone.  "You could never disappoint me.  I am so proud of you!  You took a chance, and you did your best.  That's the best you could've done."

        A faint blush crept onto Niall's cheek at her touch as he leaned into her palm and closed his eyes, "Thank you, Adelynn for everything."

☀☼☀☼☀

  A\N-  This is my first Niall Horan fan fiction, so let me know what you think! Also, sorry that it's short but it's just a prologue so yeah....   ♡Vote and comment! ♡