Starve

There's a reason why Murasakibara cowered before Tsunayoshi, even though he went against his red headed captain repeatedly.

That's because the brunet knows how to push his buttons and still stand firm on his own beliefs, making him back down all the time.

There was this one time when Murasakibara refused to listen to Tsunayoshi, and soon the ground is covered in grease because of his potato chips. His eating habits were so messy, the coaches have been reprimanding him.

Not that he cared.

At first, Tsunayoshi was angered. However, he took a chill pill and calmed himself, casually walking up to the with a serene smile on his face. Yet, that face promised torture.

Of course, this centre did not know, nor did he pay attention to it.

All other movements stopped in the court, eyes turned on this pair of students. They all remained quiet, anticipating whatever action the brunet was about to put up. Despite that, the smile sent a shiver down all of their spine. Some held their breaths while other took a gulp of their saliva. All of them were patiently waiting.

"Murasakibara-kun~ what are you doing?" The boy sang, his smile still kept up.

The purple had threw a glance at the brunet before reaching for another slice of potato.

However, he never did.

In an instance after Tsunayoshi asked him about what he was doing, it was swiped out of his grasp without him knowing.

Everyone else's jaws were agape.

Murasakibara felt anger boiling within him as he shouted at other. "What the heck? Give me back my potato chips!"

However, Tsunayoshi stood his ground. He crushed the chips, threw the packet to Midorima and glared at the childish teen, sending a harsh slap to the purple headed giant.

"WAKE UP, YOU BLUNDERING IDIOT! DO YOU EVEN REALISE WHAT YOU'RE DOING? OUR FRESHMEN AND NEWBIES CLEAN THE FLOOR EVERYDAY SO THAT WE CAN PRACTICE TO OUR HEARTS' CONTENT. BUT YOU JUST HAD TO MAKE THE FLOOR OILY! WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO CAUSE, YOUR OWN SLIPPING ACCIDENT? ANOTHER PLAYER'S SLIPPING ACCIDENT? TELL ME, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT? HAVE YOU EVEN GIVEN ANY THOUGHT ABOUT ALL THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES WHEN YOU F-ING EAT YOUR STUPID CHIPS ON THE COURT? WHAT DO YOU WANT? ARE YOU THAT STUPID?" Tsunayoshi screamed at him, not even caring to censor any of the profanities he used.

All of them stood frozen on the spot, surprised and terrified of the Brunet's hidden temper. Said boy took a deep breath and continued.

"Until you have learnt not to eat on court, you shall starve during practice sessions. Whenever you step into the court with snacks or tidbits, we would take it away from you despite all your protests and you are NOT to skip ANY of your practice sessions as well. Do you hear me, you crybaby?"

Said crybaby left the court, crying, while the others remained dumbfounded. Tsunayoshi felt all eyes on him, even his mentor and guardians. Sheepishly, he turned around and gave them a grin. "Please return to your practice. I'm sure you don't want me to shout at you after this?"

That had an immediate effect on all of them.

The next day, Murasakibara turned up for practice without any tidbits in his hands. He smiled to himself, surely, Tsunayoshi would not see this one coming.

He hid the pack of chips behind his back under his blazer, confident that he could sneak it in. However, his efforts went down to the drain as soon as Gokudera gave him a playful hit on the back.

"Hah! I knew it!" The purple head groaned and surrendered his chips (forcefully. Gokudera had to wrench it out of his grasp for him to let go), trudging into the court with a heavy heart.

Another time, he had hid all his chips in the bag and brought it to the court. It was not suspicious to bring in a bag so he doubted that the little brat would be able to notice. However, he was busted when Tsunayoshi stopped beside him. By some weird magic, he was able to pick out the pack of chips hiding in his bag.

Murasakibara groaned in frustration, ready to throw a punch at the other when someone with a practice sword blocked it.

"Haha! I don't know what Reborn will do if I don't protect you this time. Is it me, or your enemies, any kind, loves to punch you a lot, Tsuna?" The raven head joked. The brunet chuckled and moved the stick aside, catching the punch in his hand.

"I protect myself just fine."

Much recently, he brought in candies, because they would not cause the floor to become greasy like the chips. He thought he would be able to bring it in openly since there would not be an issue. Also, the brunet would not be attending club activities today for some reason that he does not know. 

He stepped into the court with his lollipop in the mouth.

"I see, taking the chance to eat when our two-faced brunet is away. How cheap." Akashi said, startling the giant  easily. He accidentally spit the lollipop out of his mouth, causing a sticky patch on the wooden floor.

"Want to cause a sticking accident now? So you moved from a slipping the a sticking problem? I really do wonder what exactly do you want, Murasakibara." The red head said, venom dripping in every word.

The pack of candies were snatched out of his grasp and he was punished with cleaning duties in the school after club activities. The centre player whined and whined but the captain would not listen to him, believing that he really needs to stop this childish game of his.

This practice was maintained as he did not learn his lesson after all, until he challenged Akashi to a match so that he would not need to go for practice. However, all of that would be for another story.

A/N: As an apology for waiting so long, I've came out with this at the last minute and wrote what came to mind. I hope you've enjoyed this 1005 word work even though it's short. My hiatus is going to be over soon so please be patient with me. Thank you!