Thirty Two

Lucas took a deep breath before going into to Mike's house. He had texted him to tell him he was coming over, only Mike thought he was just coming over to play dungeons and dragons, but it was actually to give him some bad news.

"Hello?" He called as he walked down stairs towards the basement. "Hey Lucas!" Mike called back, "Me and El are down here."

He walked in on them watching tv lazily and he smiled half-heartedly. "Hey guys." He said. Eleven looked up and waved.

"Wanna join us?" Mike asked. Lucas bit his lip and replied, "Actually, I was wondering if I could talk to you upstairs alone."

Mike looked confused but pushed aside the blanket on his lap, and stood up. "Yeah of course." He said. Eleven obviously didn't know what she was supposed to do in this kind of situation so she just awkwardly sat there staring at the tv. "I'll be back, Eleven. Don't worry." Mike reassured her. Eleven nodded and smiled, but Lucas could tell she was really confused.

The boys walked upstairs in silence, awkwardness clouding over them. Once upstairs, Lucas cleared his throat and told him, "Max knows something, Mike."

Mike snapped his neck up to meet his eyes. "What?" He asked. Lucas cringed. "I accidentally said something about the whole Will going missing and finding Eleven thing."
Lucas said quietly. "How? How does that come up in a conversation with Max?" Mike whisper-screamed so Eleven wouldn't hear.

"I don't know! She texted me and was acting like she liked me and I forgot she didn't know about the situation and we were talking about how we knew each other and stuff and it came out!" Lucas said.

Mike groaned, "Lucas, she was obviously using you to get information." Lucas scoffed, "Really Mike? Just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you're the only one who girls like."

Mike rolled his eyes, "Lucas! She never acted like she liked you before, isn't that kind of suspicious? And now, thanks to you, my girlfriend might be in danger!"

Eleven whimpered and came out of the shadows, where she was hiding on the stairs, listening to them.

Mike's face softened and Lucas looked at the floor. He rushed over to her and hugged her. "Eleven it's okay, I'm sure Max won't tell anyone. No one is going to hurt you. I won't let them."

"Mike, Eleven, I'm so sorry." Lucas whispered.

Eleven smiled and brought him over into the hug. "It's okay, Lucas. People make mistakes, and it doesn't make them a bad person." She looked at Mike as she said those words and he smiled kindly at her, but inside, his mind was racing with panic and fear about what was going to happen to Eleven.

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was really busy. I might update again tonight. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Love you😊 - Nora 💖