Twenty Five

"Mike your friends are here!" Mrs. Wheeler called down to Mike, who was in the basement, planning.

He barely looked up as Dustin, Lucas and Will trooped down the stairs, each carrying a bag of supplies. "I brought like flashlights and a compass" Will said. "Yeah me too. Dustin I swear to god if you only brought snacks." Lucas said rolling his eyes in Dustin's direction.

Dustin scoffed. "I didn't bring ONLY snacks. Just some." Lucas and Will laughed.

"You guys! How can you be laughing? We need to find El." Mike yelled slamming his hands on the table. Will and Dustin shared an uneasy glance and Lucas said calmly, "Mike look, we understand you're scared and miss El, but you need to understand that we are on your side and are trying our best to help you." Mike sighed. "I'm sorry guys. I'm just really anxious and ready to find her." He explained. "It's okay Mike. We'll find her !" Will piped up.

The boys grabbed their packs and left the basement in a hurry, praying Mike's parents wouldn't come looking for them. The cool breeze of a November evening chilled the boys, even through their jackets. Mike led the boys, waking in silence.

"Mike! Where are you going?" A feminine voice called. Mike looked up, obviously surprised.

"Nancy!" He said looking up at the window where she was poking her head out. "Where are you going?" She asked again

"Um nowhere. Just for a walk!" He yelled up to her. Even from the distance Mike could see Nancy rolling her eyes. "Mike it's 7:30 at night and you're all carrying backpacks. Don't lie to me."

He sighed. "We're trying to find Eleven, she ran  away a couple days ago. We got into a fight." Nancy shook her head and sighed. "Wait for me." She said before pulling her head out of the window and slammed it.

Two minutes later Nancy was running out the door, holding a bag in her hands. "What? I like El, she's nice!" She said defending herself against the boys questioning looks.

"Whatever," Mike said. "Let's go find Eleven."

OKAY I CAN EXPLAIN WHY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT! It's like a part one, I'll put the other part two up in a little bit. I have to go dress shopping and I wanted to update before I left (Also, I bet you thought the voice was gonna be Max 😂😂) Love you all - Nora💕