You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 55

Start from the beginning

I finally make it down the staircase and I round the corner that led to the dungeons where the Slytherin Common room was.

As I walk I pass some Slytherin students who only gave me a mean glare. I ignore them though as I continue on.

I finally make it to where I knew the entrance to the common room was. Outside stood one of Draco's friends.

Blaise looks up at me and immediately his face turns into disgust.

"What do you want?" he asks me bitterly.

"I need to talk to Draco," I explain, "Will you get him?"

He crosses his arms, "And why should I?"

I mock his stance and cross my arms, "Because I need to talk to him."

He lifts his eyebrow at me, "And I'm suppose to listen to you?" he asks as he lets out a small laugh.

"Yes," I reply shortly. I let out a deep sigh, "Please, it's important."

He rolls his eyes and turns, "Whatever, I think I want to see how this plays out anyways," he states as he enters the common room.

I let out a breath of relief and lean against the wall to wait for Draco.

It didn't take long for Blaise to tell Draco I was out here. Not even a minute later he appears looking rather irritated.

Before I could speak he grabs my arms roughly and drags me down the hallway.

"Draco, what are you doing?" I ask as I fought against his grip.

He doesn't' reply, he keeps pulling me instead.

Finally he stops and turns to me, "What do you want?" he asks, "Haven't you and your little friends done enough?"

I look at him confused, "Draco, I came here to check on you," I explain, "To see if you're okay."

He continues to stare at me, "If I'm okay?" he asks, "Bloody hell Leianna, my father is in prison because of you and your friends."

I back away from him, "How is that my fault?" I question him, "They attacked us, where we suppose to let them kill us?"

"You didn't have to get him caught, now I may never see my father again," he states.

"That isn't my fault and you know it," I say growing angry, "He made his choice, he knew what he was getting into."

"So now we are back to this?" he says letting out a deep breath, "Again let me explain something to you."

He reaches out and grasps my shoulders, "My father had to do it, he had to listen to him. If he didn't what do you think Voldemort would do? He would have killed my father, or my mother, or even me."

I look into his eyes and see the hurt and anger. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't change what had happened.

"Well what could we have done, waited for the Dark Lord to come and kill us?" I ask, "Would that have been better?"

He lets me go and backs away, "You were right," he states as he runs his hands through his hair.

"About what?" I question at his sudden change of the subject.

"We never can be together for sure now, you proved that," he replies.

His statement hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt the air leave my chest.

"Proved it?" I ask, "What in bloody hell did I prove?"

"That we are not on the same path anymore," he replies, "That we can never work."