Chapter 19 - Bad dream and lots of puke

Start from the beginning

Something is seriously messed up here.

I groaned, my headache coming back with full force and the unsettling feeling in my stomach. Why the heck was I feeling so bad and how in the damn world did I end up sleeping here?

Asher, you've got some questions on your way.

I tried to make myself feel better by massaging my temples, but it didn't help much. And this unsettling feeling in my stomach was increasing with every passing second. It just felt to weird. Felt like I was gonna puke.

And yep, I was right. After thirty seconds, I found myself racing towards the bathroom which seemed just so fucking far at the moment. I bent down with my mouth hovering above the basin and puked the contents of my stomach out, although I don't remember eating anything last night.

Actually, I don't remember anything about last night.

This is not good.

I stood still for sometime, staring at myself in the mirror. I was still in yesterday's clothes, the one I wore to meet Elliot. My hair, messed up. Let's just not talk about it. The kohl I had applied yesterday was now running down my cheeks, like my tears had gone down from there. All in all, I looked like shit.

I tried remembering something from last night, but came up blank. I remember till the part when I meet Asher near that bar but after that, only bits and pieces.

Damn it. I was drunk.

And now to go through the hangover.

"Jess?" I heard someone say behind me as that person yawned. I turned my head around quicker than Usain Bolt and found a very sleepy looking Asher in last night's clothes. I just put both my palms on my eyes, shutting them. I couldn't believe I had done this again when I had swore not to. I wasn't crying, just tensed.

"Jess? What happened?" Asher asked concernedly as he patted my back soothingly.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I muttered as I took a few deep breaths and removed my palm which covered my face.

"Guys? What's the matter?" Cass spoke, as she stood at the bathroom door. She looked at the distance between me and her boyfriend and he continued patting my back, oblivious to Cass's actions which will be soon followed by many reactions if he doesn't take his hand off me.

"Ash, I'm fine." I gritted out, pushing his hand off me.

"Geez, someone's having a bad hangover." He muttered and looked at Cass with an innocent smile.

"What exactly is going on?" Cass spoke each word with such anger that it frightened me. And trust me, I'm not the one to get frightened easily. Scaring me requires a lot of skills which she possessed.

"Cass, I have got no clue myself. And..." I was about to say that whatever it is happening, it's all Asher's fault but this headache just became worse due to all the speaking.

"Jess? Are you alright? Gods, what the fuck happened last night?" Cass yelled the last part. I could tell that she was worried about me, but her anger replaced the concern. I closed my eyes for a few moments, desperately hoping this headache would fly away, you know like a butterfly.

It didn't.

"Cass, chill. Jess's gonna be fine." Asher soothed her, patting her back just like he had patted mine earlier. Someone's in a patty mood. I'm not sure wether that's a word.

"Then what has happened to her?" Cass yelled, tears now visible in her eyes. And this time, I had no clue what could possibly be running through her mind.

"She's suffering from a hangover." Asher stated calmly, not fazed by Cass's sudden outburst. I have to salute him for that, it's an achievement. He did something which I had never been able to.

"She was drunk last night?" Cass whispered and looked at me, like she couldn't believe the fact that I, Miss Goody shoes had been drunk. In fact, me, myself had a hard time accepting that fact.

"I-I'm not sure what happened..." I closed my eyes again, this headache becoming worse with every word I said.

"I'll get some Tylenol. Then we'll discuss last night, Kay? And Cass, take her to bed, please." He spoke as he hurried out to get whatever Tylenol was. I've never heard of that, hope it isn't poison.

What? I'm a counsellor, that to an uncertified one. And I've never had a hangover, so I dunno what that is.

"Jess, come on. I'll help you to bed." Cass said as she came forward to support me.

"I'll walk." I spoke as I made my way towards my bedroom, slowly. My head began pounding, felt like someone had dropped a few extra large elephants inside who had just decided to perform a ballet show with a cute little pink tutu and those dancing shoes.

I laid down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It was plain white, no glowing in the dark stickers or anything. Yet, I felt at peace when I started at it. Well, as much as peace you can feel when you're suffering from a hangover. I look around me, trying to remember something, anything related to last night. I found nothing.

"Jess! I got it!" Asher yelled from the living room. He came in with a glass of water and a tablet. Not the touch screen one, the medicine one.

"Take it," He said. I gave him a doubtful expression. "Not, it's not poison." He spoke after a while. I nodded and gulped down the tablet as fast as I could, using the water to push it down.

"You'll feel better after a while. But meanwhile..." He trailed off and cursed something to low for me to decipher.

"What?" I spoke, my voice unusually hoarse.

"Jess, answer me truthfully. How much of last night do you remember?" He spoke each word carefully, like he was scared that he may say the wrong thing.

"Bits and pieces." And yes, in care you're wondering, it was the truth.

"Tell me everything you remember. Please Jess, I know you aren't feeling at the top of the world right now, but you need to tell me." He basically begged.

So I told him. I remember till the part I got lost in the bar but after that it's sorta fuzzy. I remember chocolate, falling down and some parts of walking on a road, but that's it.

Oh, and I also remember the whole Elliot incident.

But I'd rather not tell him that.

"That's it? Nothing between that?" He asked, sounding peculiarly relieved.

"Nope." I spoke confidently.

"It's on me then." He muttered.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"You guys have got some serious explaining to do."

Done with this chap. Next one coming right up within like three days or something.