☁️Prologue☁️

Shikamaru- Age 8
Shikamaru's Point of View

I snuck away from Iruka-sensei's class, again, and began to stroll on by to one of my most favourite places.

I want to be a cloud. Free, slow, they don't do much, and they're never in a hurry. How great would it be to be a cloud? Anyways, there's a grassy hill near my house where the sky is always bright blue. I cloud gaze all the time when I have the time. Mom doesn't know about this place, but dad caught me when I was up here once, but he doesn't mind.

When I reached the top of the hill, which felt like I was climbing a mountain, I noticed a girl with soft scarlet hair, with a white and baby blue sundress, closing her eyes. She had her legs crossed breathing calmly. She looks around my age and but I never met her before. She had no shoes or socks on, with her feet smudged with a hint of soil, but I think she doesn't care. I wonder why she's here.

I observed her very closely and slightly frowned. I usually want to get away from troublesome girls. They're always annoying and loud. But, right now, this one seems different. Still, I'm here because I want to be alone without everyone else here. I silently sigh and tapped on her shoulder.

"Hey, who are you?", I questioned to the mysterious girl, trying to get some answers.

She opened her piercing, violet eyes and noticed someone was talking to her. She looked surprised and then blushed with embarrassment. A few seconds past by, and only then does she starts speaking, "Oh, sorry! My name is Emiko! Am I taking your spot? I'm so sorry, I'll just mov-"

"It's fine. It'll be troublesome. I'm Shikamaru." I responded with shrugging, and placing my hands in my pockets. She grinned back at me and nodded with understanding, "Carry on with whatever you were doing."

She closed her eyes again and folded her into a circle with her hands. I crossed my head with confusion. Iruka-sensei never taught us that, at least I think so. I wouldn't know because I never pay attention in class. However, I stayed alert as I asked her carefully, "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm meditating," she said back, still closing her eyes.

"Then, why are you doing a Hand sign?", I inquire, with genuine curiosity, "Are you going to attack me?"

"Oh, this isn't a hand sign, silly! it's a sign of relaxation and calmness," she laughed as she explained, "Don't worry, I'm not attacking you. You should try it too!"

I sighed and agreed to her offer. Girls will freak out if I don't do what they say, so I listened to her. I crossed my legs and tried to copy her hands, but I have having difficultly, "Like this?"

She giggled with glee,"Nope! It's like this!"

She showed me and I tried once again to replicate her hands. I think I did it is time.

"You got it!", she complimented and clapped with joy.

We mediated together, actually I failed because I kept falling asleep, but she just laughed with happiness every time I tried. But in the moments I didn't sleep, I actually was calm for once. All I heard were the winds that were up in the sky and I thought of the clouds, which always I wish to be.

The sun started to set, as Emiko and I started a conversation. We were lying down and we were looking at the warm, orange, yellow view, as she commented, "The sun is so beautiful! So bright, yellow, and great."