Rowan

Lucas p.o.v

" I was thinking about the other night, and I realized found out what between you and Rowan," Izzy asked me as I handed her ice cream cone to celebrating her not falling off stage at her ballet recital which meant improvement. Story time came early tonight, it not even bedtime yet." I joked take a sip of my coffee causing she rolled her eye at me.

"Huckleberry, can you just tell me the damn the story, please and thank you before I die of old age." Izzy hissed at me before punching my arm causing me to bust laughing. " woah, language young lady! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" I joked with my green eyed baby girl as she just starts laughing at my statement. " Have you met my mother? She literate have no filter, she freaking nut job. She has a very diverse vocabulary complete with a whole for a whole section of vulgar language, and fifty different languages. I don't think she would care if I said damn everyone once while, daddy. " Izzy told me as I shook my head at her, she reminds me so much of her mother. " After that night at the bakery, Rowan and I became insepratable, and for while we were happy together. I even thought about marrying her, but everything change after father died.

(flashback, May 12, 2021)

 Well by this time now Rowan and I had been together for a whole year. It had been a rocky road for us, but I thought had moved past it, and we had finally moved in together when everything start to fall apart. 

I couldn't believe that I woke with the most beautiful girl laying next to me. Rowan lay there sound asleep, as her ocean of brown hair covering pillow as she snored softly. I wanted to remember this moment forever because, from the moment I met her, I knew that wanted to spend every morning waking up to her. " Stop being a creep." she yawned as her chocolate brown pop opening. " You sure know how to kill a moment, Mis, Matthew," I told her before throwing a pillow at her as she burst laughing at me. " Aw, cowboy I still think you're cute even creepy. " Rowan told me before she wrapped her arm around my neck as she starts to kissed down my neck. "Do not try to butter me now with terrible sweet talk, princess," I told her as she crawled into my lap and giving me her famous puppy eyes. " who is my favorite cowboy that make me so happy? " Rowan purred up at me as she ran her hand down my face causing me to bite my lip at how sexy she looked right now. " I hope that it's me, is me? " I joked before kissing Rowan pulled away leaving her with a huge smile on her face. " It could be you, but only if you make me pancake, honey," I said before getting off of my lap and heading to the kitchen.

I had got starts on breakfast while Rowan had gone to get into the shower before she had to go work at the diner. I heard voice leaking through the bathroom well as she sang her happy song causing me to smile to myself. I love the morning with Rowan because for a second I think we can make, but as soon as sunset we are back arguing again. Rowan closed herself emotional long before she met me, and like the dumb ass that I was, I had to keep pushing her to open up to me. And Rowan would disappear for hours and come back home drunker than the night before. When I had finished making breakfast, I had gone look for Rowan because she never came back into the kitchen.

" Rowan, breakfast is ready. " I said as I found the only the floor of our bedroom in tears clutching her phone in her hand. " Row, what wrong? I ask her as got down on the floor next to her. " I didn't get to say goodbye, my daddy gone and didn't get to say goodbye. " Rowan sobbed as hug her closer in arms without saying a word. I never saw her shed one tear as long as I knew her, but today her beautiful brown eyes were full of them. I knew how hard the subject of her family was to her, so I never asked her about it. " My uncle call me told that my daddy had been suffering from cancer for two whole years, and I didn't even know! I'm the world the most terrible daughter because he tried to call me every day for last two years, and I never answer the phone once." Rowan said wiping her eye, but the tears still continue to fall down her rosy red cheek.

After a while, she had cried herself to sleep in my arm. I had pushed her hair out of her face. I had picked her up and lay her on the bed before going back into the kitchen. I called both our job and booked two plane tickets for New York.

(end of the flashback)

"Okay little lady, I thinking that enough for the day. " I told Izzy as she lift head off my shoulder, " You can't stop there, it was just getting good daddy!" Izzy pouted before fold her arm across her chest causing me to laugh at her. " that really mature, Izzy." I told her as I got up from the park bench, and then helping her. " I have to know what happened with Rowan and her family, daddy!" she told me as I just shook my head at her. " nope" I said popping the P as I start to walking and she running up and grab my hand.