The Crimson Curse

Start from the beginning

The blade missed them by an inch, puncturing itself onto the bonnet of the car instead.

"Close one, Kloss. Watch out!" Swift shouted, directing Karlie's attention back onto the pedestrian filled foot path. The fighter swerved back onto the road just in time, missing an old lady hidden by a handful of groceries.
The visibility on the street was bad already, to make it worse, the street lights weren't working. Karlie's heart was beating out of her chest after that near miss, she could feel her hands getting clammy on the throttle.

 "Is she done trying to kill us yet?" The fighter yanked out of Crimson's track, keeping her distance as she matched the speed of the car.

They were on the wrong side of the road now, weaving side to side, avoiding on-coming traffic while Catastrophe put her arms around Karlie's shoulders, holding on tighter than ever. 

"I think so. Maybe we should let them get to it now. We've been driving long enough." Swift said, as they made countless abrupt turns. The puny man in the car sure knew how to drive. Alright, ciao, redhead.

Kloss took the next right turn, cutting across Crimson for just a second. She could hear the swish of another blade being launched into the air but Karlie was out of line just in time. The adrenaline in her blood was giving her quite a kick, making her speed into the alley and double back onto the main road again, this time, behind  the girl on the Vespa. 

I really like that colour, Karlie thought, for a brief second before Crimson noticed their presence again.

Thankfully, the short girl was too invested in getting to the car first. 

"She's going in. Welvin, you're recording this right?" Cat abruptly spoke into her earpiece. Karlie didn't hear the reply but she did realise that they had been spotted along every speeding camera in the area in the last 15 minutes. 

The police is bound to show up at this point.

The blaring horns on the street brought her back to reality, just as the girl threw another one of her blades right at the tyres. The car swivelled wildly while the blade lodged itself deeper with every second. She's good.

"To be able to throw at high speeds like that? Unbelievable." Swift echoed, her arm tightening around the fighter's shoulders. Karlie ignored the warmth by looking on in awe as Crimson threw one more. It landed perfectly onto the next tyre. Wow.

They were causing quite a fuss on the street now that the car was completely out of control and marginally slower, he was driving with the right wheels on the side-walk. People were starting to notice a lot, some of them whipping out their cameras and phones to take a picture. At least they were wearing helmets so none of their faces were in the limelight. With the helmets blocking out most of the wind noise and some of the beeping, they missed whatever it was that Crimson was screaming at the car.

The man made a sharp U-turn at the busy intersection, just as a truck was coming his way. The truck successfully stopped right in the middle, blocking their path before they could pelt after the car. They skidded to a halt a few feet behind the Vespa, waiting to see what she would do next. Kloss could feel Swift's quick breaths on her neck coming from the slit in her visor.

 "Are you kidding me." Swift said, watching Crimson give them a loathsome glare just before she doubled back. There was now a line of cars after them, the road was completely clogged. All of the traffic in complete disarray. 

"Oh fuck." They heard Crimson say as she passed them, weaving through the traffic towards the alley they had seen the car turn into on the other side of the road.