Chapter 14

Remember Me

The next day, Tobin and Alex drove to school together. "What time's the game tonight?" asked Tobin, parking her car. Alex thought for a second. "At 8, you're going right," she asked, grabbing her bag as she took a step out of the car. "Well duh, I can't miss your first game babe," chuckled the shorter girl, pecking her cheek as she rested her arm on Alex's shoulder.

"You better not," she threatened, playfully bucking at her girlfriend.

"Hey Alex, you ready for tonight's game," asked Servando, joining the couple. Tobin rolled her eyes and stared at the ground, still walking with Alex. "I'm a little nervous but I'm ready," she answered, smiling kindly at her friend. "Who are you guys gonna play?"

"Gregory," she answered, rolling her eyes. Their last game against them was in the champions with the Brahms facing a tough loss against the fast paced team. Alex wasn't going to let that happen again. "Ooh tough opponent," he commented, patting her back slightly below Tobin's arm.

"I think it's time to go to class Lex," mumbled Tobin so they could get away from the boy. "The bell hasn't even rung yet, we still have like a whole 15 minutes till class," she laughed. Tobin face palmed soon before getting pulled by Carli.

"Dude," she gasped.

Tobin nodded her head in response. "Stefan comes here?"

The shorter girl grinned."I dunno," she shrugged. "Why," she asked. Carli then whispered in her ear quietly. "Yo, you like him," muttered Tobin, laughing. Carli gave her friend an obvious look. "Duh! He's cute," she blushed.

Tobin chuckled before spotting him down the hallway walking towards them. "Stefan, where's Damon," asked Tobin with a smirk as she gave him a bro shake.

...

Tobin sat on the bleachers, holding Hope's popcorn for her as she held their drinks. They arrived right on time. As soon as they sat down they heard the pumping yells and shouts from the field.

"Lady Brahms on three! One! Two! Three!" shouted one teammate which sounded a lot like Kelley. "Lady Brahms!"

Some of the crowd cheered while the others booed, it was an away game.

Tobin's mouth hung open as she saw Servando on the field helping the coach. Wow, she thought to herself. "This is fucking great," she said aloud, throwing her arms.

The game ended with 1-1 draw. Both Tobin and Alex were in bad moods; Tobin because Servando was at the game and that killed her vibe and Alex because it was a tough game and she felt as if she played poorly.

"Good game out there Alex," smiled Morgan, patting her friend's back as they headed to their separate rides; Alex riding with Tobin and Morgan riding with her boyfriend. Tobin sighed, looking at her girlfriend who was frustrated, staring out the car window.

She drove her home but decided to make conversation with the girl. "You played good out there, you'll get them next time," she promised. Alex shrugged. "Hopefully," she responded. "No, for sure," she grinned, kissing her forehead.

Alex smiled softly before exiting the car, walking inside her house.

Tobin sat in her car, thinking about Servando. She was always worried about losing Alex to him. He could probably take care of her more than she could. He didn't have any crazy exs from years ago coming back to kill her.