Chapter 10

Team Spirit

A couple days later...

"Tonight's my first basketball game, you comin'," smiled Ray, as he walked down the hall with Mallory. Mal turned to him and nodded with a small shrug. "Cool," he chuckled. 

Tobin and Alex sat together in front of the school, they still had 15 minutes till class. "Who's that," questioned Alex, pointing at a short girl with glasses. Tobin turned and saw the girl, smiling. The girl walked towards them.

"Yo, I'm Meghan," she gleamed. "I'm new here."

Alex smiled kindly at the girl. "I could show you around if you'd like," she suggested, standing up. "That'd be great!"

Alex kissed Tobin then walked with Meghan into the school, asking her what classes the girl had. "Who's that," asked Carli, walking to her. "New kid. She seems chill though," answered Tobin, standing up before fixing her backpack strap. 

"Hey, don't I know you," asked Alex. Meghan stammered and looked down quickly. "Hehe no," she responded, picking up the pace. The taller girl's eyes widened. "You. You were my babysitter," she exclaimed.

Meghan hushed her, covering her mouth. She looked around to see if anyone was around her. "Shush," she whispered. She was pushed back by Tobin who was much stronger than her. "Don't. Touch. Her," she growled, slamming her against the lockers.

"No no no look," chuckled the shorter girl nervously. "I can explain, really," she said, smiling with her hands up in surrender. "Come on buddy." Tobin looked over at Alex who gave her a look telling her she was okay.

Tobin sighed then let Meghan go. 

"I was Alex's babysitter, never aged since then," she clarified, switching her gaze to Alex. "So that makes you a-"

"Vampire," questioned Alex and Tobin at the same time. Meghan looked a both girls seriously but the look didn't last. She just bursted out laughing. Tobin backed up pushing Alex behind her protectively. 

"I'm not a vampire," she cried, holding her abdomen. The couple gave Meghan a weird look. "Then what the heck are you," asked Alex who was standing behind Tobin. "Figure it out," she joked, changing her eye color to a bright gold then to a dark red.

Tobin's eyes widened and she took a couple of steps back. "Hybrid," she mumbled, holding Alex's hand protectively. Meghan chuckled. "Don't be scared tough guy," joked the shorter girl. "I know Alex and I would never hurt her let alone her girlfriend," she explained.

Tobin still had a doubt. She could be lying, she thought to herself. Alex escaped Tobin's tight grip and walked towards Meghan hugging her tightly. "You haven't changed a bit," she sighed.

Tobin glared at Meghan as she hugged her girlfriend. "I'm watching you," she mouthed.

>>>

"Hey Meghan," called Alex before walking into the cafeteria. "Hey," she waved, walking towards her. She took an empty spot beside a girl she didn't even know. "Sup, I'm Ray," smiled the boy, shaking Meghan's hand. 

As they shook hands, they clicked.

Not romantically but in a way only wolves would. At that moment, they already knew about each other. "Who's going to the game tonight," asked Carli. 

"Kelley and I," answered Hope kissing her girlfriend's cheek. 

Tobin looked over at Alex. "Us too," she smiled. "Wanna come," asked Alex, looking over at Meghan. The shorter girl smiled and shook her head 'yes'. "Hey guys," smiled Morgan.