25

you did it.

you made it. all the way through the tour.

josh, you did it. you're alive.

he laughs aloud, eyes not quite fixed on tyler. that's some sort of accomplishment now, is it? i stayed alive. just like you asked, huh? are you proud?

the sarcasm is palpable, but tyler doesn't let hurt flash across his face. yeah, josh. i'm proud.

man, the standard's getting pretty low, josh frowns.

well, all things considered...

can i get a kiss? tyler asks, gently. always gently. don't raise your voice around josh. he's a baby, he might cry.

sure, josh says, indifferent. 

tyler's lips are cool despite the rest of him, sweaty from the concert. they're still slick with spit though, sliding against josh's mouth. fingers tangle into hair. tyler moans slightly.

no, no, josh can't keep this up much longer. but he can try, can't he?

he can always try.

tyler's eyes are pools of liquid brown as he steps back and looks josh up and down. let's go, he says, and holds out his hand.

go? go where?

celebrate, of course. there's a smile forming on tyler's face. we deserve it, don't we?

don't we?

tyler does, of course. tyler deserves the world.

he takes a breath. stop being stupid, josh. go celebrate. go have fun— for one night at least, please— take tyler's hand.

josh takes tyler's hand, lacing their fingers together. tyler beams at him and kisses his cheek quickly, which swiftly colors pink. 

you're blushing, tyler points out, that's adorable.

shut up, josh mumbles, looking down.

well, no time to waste, tyler announces, it's time to celebrate!

time to celebrate.

hear that, josh? that means no moping around. go— and have fun.