The bitch came back.

Start from the beginning

Olivia smirked and lowered her head to look at me. “Well, I think that just answered any questions I had.” I was about to make a retort when a tall muscular guy in a black shirt stepped in front of us and glared down at me.

“You got ID kid? Cause we don’t serve chocolate milk here.” The title of BOUNCER was spelled in white lettering across the right side of his shirt. I grimaced and pulled out my wallet and student ID to show him. He glared at the two pieces of plastic as if willing them to be fake. Being 5’5 can get annoying sometimes, especially since I shave regularly and don’t look like I work out. Clothes can really hide a person’s body. He finally grunted and handed my ID’s back. “Sorry for the trouble.” He grumbled.

“Just doing your job.” I responded back absently. A black cherry whiskey sour sounds good by now.

“Since when do bouncers card check while people are in line?” Olivia asks annoyed. I furrow my brow at that statement. She was right, it didn’t make since at all. Something was-

“They almost got shut down cause some freshman at CU got caught by the cops during an ID check last week.” A girl from Becky’s group said over the twittering of her phone. She looked up and smiled meekly at me. “My cousin works here, told me that they’re starting to bump up the line security. One goes through the line to look for guys like you who look young, the doorman does ID checks for fakes.” She stuck out a hand to me. “I’m Amy by the way, you’re Martin’s roommate right?” A small buzzing sensation in the back of my head told me not to trust her, and the little devil and angel on my shoulders flat out agreed she seemed like a bitch. Huh, usually they aren’t this outright mean.

“Uh… yeah. So um, you new?” I ask as I shake her hand softly, her hands were roughly calloused and didn’t fit the look she was going for. Her grip was strong too, either she was a rodeo girl or-

“No silly, I’ve been here for years.” She said with a giggling smile. I didn’t buy it, and neither did my shoulder angel and demon. Obviously I’m joking, but you understand right? Olivia shot a quizzical look over ‘Amy’s’ shoulder at me.

Martin came up behind me and leaned on my shoulder. “Hey… uh… Amy right?” Amy gave him a sly look and giggled like some stupid little girl with a crush, and I suddenly felt a death glare pass over my shoulder. I turned around and found Becky glaring, she looked at me with a gaze that said I wasn’t her target and she continued to look at Amy.

Yep, bitch is definitely-

“The lines moving!” Amy sings out happily as she grabs ahold of Martin’s arm and pulls him after her. I stumbled forward as he lets out a noise of shock and goes along with her, giving everyone a look of apology. Amy stops in front of the bouncer and pulls her ID out of her pocket and the bouncer waves them both through.

“Who the hell was that?” Olivia asks aloud as we both move towards the front of the line.

“I have no idea.” Becky said from behind us as she pushes her way through the two of us. “But she’s worse than you.” She said, giving me a withering glance over her shoulder.

“Yo, baby where you goin?” Tobais says as he comes up from behind us and races to the front door. His friends and Becky’s little group trail after him as Olivia and I step aside and let them crowd the bouncer.

“Why does she hate me so much?” I ask absent mindedly as we reform a slowly moving forward line.

“Because she sees you as a threat towards her attractability.” Olivia responds in a deadpan voice.

I give her a glance as we both get carded by the bouncer. “What the hell you talkin about woman?” She rolls her eyes and pushes her way into the bar after we get our ID’s back. The inside of the bar wasn’t exactly crowded, but it was enough to be at a noise level that required a raised vocal level in some areas. I followed Olivia as she made her way towards the back of the bar to some empty booths towards the pool tables.