Separation Arc {Part 9}

(Part 9)

Waking up, Kyrano was very quickly aware that he was top-naked. The quilt covering his shoulders kept a comfortable warmth on his body, but it was simply disconcerting when he couldn't remember removing his clothes himself. Kyrano had little reasons to sleep half-naked, and actually had more reasons to keep his back hidden unless terribly necessary.

The accessory burnt into his back by his master and the Head Butler of the family was something that Kyrano would never be proud of.

Blinking eyes alertly, he was aware that he still felt weak and fuzzy. Removing a hand from the warm refuge of the covers, he pressed the back of his hand against his forehead, not very surprised to find it still rather hot against the chilly cold air.

Kyrano looked around, not terribly surprised as well, to find that he was in an unfamiliar room. Still, the atmosphere still told him that he was safely in St Clair Academy –just perhaps a rather different room that was not part of the Rose Dormitory. It was quiet, and Kyrano could only guess that he had been woken up by his biological clock that dictated he wake up before his mistress.

He knew that he must have worried his mistress so very much so, because the last conscious memory he had was when he had passed out blurrily after being picked up by someone in the toilet. Try as he might, he could not remember exactly who it was that had picked him up, or what he might have said in his dizziness. He guessed it was safe to assume that it was a butler that had picked him up –for it had been in the male's toilet, and the only males in the academy were either Brandon, butlers or a very select few of the staff. That meant that he must be sleeping in a room shared by another butler.

Sitting up slowly, making sure that he didn't trigger any rising nausea, Kyrano held his head gingerly against his hand as the covers slid off him, exposing his chest to the cold air. He gave a short shiver as he looked around the room, trying his best to see against the light.

Soft moonlight filtered through rather large windows, and Kyrano could distantly see that the room was rather large –very unlike a normal butler's room that would be connected to his mistress's room. He gave a short gasp of surprise when he spotted the frame of a simple four-poster bed at the far end of the room, as well as the shadow of someone sleeping peacefully on it. Kyrano was not in a butler's room. He was in a lady's room, lying on a lady's couch.

Which senseless butler had picked him up? Did this butler never know that a butler should never sleep in the same room as the lady? Even if Kyrano were not the butler for this lady that had kindly taken the sickly him in, he should not be sleeping here. Swinging his legs quickly over the side of the couch, he was glad that at least his pants were kept on. God forbid the senseless butler that picked him up had stripped him completely and left him sleeping naked in the same room as a dignified lady.

It was still rather dark all around and Kyrano was still rather dizzy and weak. Still, he forced himself to move through the darkness, feeling his way slowly in hopes of finding either his shirt or an adjacent door that must lead to the butler's room. This room that he found himself in was of a rather different architecture than what he was normally used to, and he wasn't really sure where the butler's room should be.

Thus, Kyrano was rather glad that a door opened shortly after he started floundering about, and he straightened towards the sudden source of light that came from the corridor. The light burst through the doorway and almost blinded him, and Kyrano raised an arm up to partially shield his sight from the onslaught of visual assault.

The silhouette of a figure –tall enough to be assumed to be a man –was walking in with a short whistle. It did not take long for the silhouette to stop, obviously catching sight of Kyrano standing coincidentally right in the beam of light that the doorway provided.