A Girl's Love Arc {Part 6}

(Part 6)

"Won't you look at this?" Kyra expressed with excitement as she picked up one of the photographs laid out on the bed. "Don't you think Big Brother looks so handsome here?"

Louise chuckled a little at Kyra's proud boast about her 'big brother' when the man himself was off to the side of the room, cleaning up Louise's study table and righting things together. Kyra had come over after Louise had finished her homework, and brought with her a stack of photographs that had been developed from the day that they went to the amusement park.

"Yes, he sure does." Louise answered the young girl kindly, smiling a little when Kyrano –obviously having heard the conversation –paused a little in her words, then rushed to resume as if he had been oblivious to the comments made.

"You and I looked so pretty that day, Miss Louise." Kyra picked up another photograph from the spread on the bed. Kyra had climbed onto the bed after being invited there while they waited for Kyrano to finish cleaning up the area so that Miss Louise could go to sleep, taking the chance to admire the photographs.

"This one is very nice as well." Louise admitted as she picked up a photo of the 5 of them posing happily in front of the Ferris wheel. In this photo, even Kyrano had a little smile drawn on his face –as juxtaposed to his brother's big grin –and yet it made him look so much happier than his own brother.

"Then you keep it, Miss Louise!" Kyra grinned wide, but turned abruptly to the side to cough politely.

It had been happening for quite some time now, and Kyrano was beginning to get a little worried at his sister's state of health. Kyra had been coughing since she came to St. Clair, but had always made excuses about it, reassuring them all that she was fine. But it was slowly becoming sure that she wasn't fine, because her coughing was becoming increasingly hackled, and it seemed to take a lot out of her.

"Kyra, are you okay? You've been coughing a lot lately." Louise seemed to share the same worry as him, and Kyrano's heart warmed a little to know that even his mistress cared so much about his sister.

"I'm fine, Miss Louise!" Kyra replied, but it was apparent that she wasn't fine, because the next comment from Kyrano's mistress made him stop his work.

"There is blood on your lips, Kyra." Louise's voice held a frown.

"Oh!" Kyra's exclamation of surprise was paired with her hastily wiping the blood off her lips with the back of her hand as she climbed off the bed quickly. "I'm so sorry for the sore sight of me like this, Miss Louise. I'll just go and wash it up."

Kyrano could not manage to get a closer look before his sister ran towards the bathroom, closing the door quickly behind her, and soon the sound of running water came. Kyrano wordlessly exchanged a look of worry with his mistress, but none of them said a single word. The decision was made between them silently and instanteously –that Kyrano would bring Kyra to see the school's doctor the first thing tomorrow morning. Kyrano nodded in acknowledgement at the silent order given to him, turning back to complete his task.

It was obvious that Kyra didn't want to talk about it, because when his sister came back into the room, she lapsed immediately back to fawning over the photographs, admiring each and every one with laughs and excited comments as if she were back in the amusement park itself.

Louise found that she was almost sorry that her bedtime had come when Kyrano finally approached them with the instructions for Kyra to keep the photos and get off the bed. Obediently, the little girl did as she was told, as Kyrano passed his mistress her usual cup of warm milk wordlessly. Back to the routine, Louise drank it quickly, returned the empty cup and laid down eve as Kyrano pulled the covers over her.