Separation Arc {Part 3}

(Part 3)

"The more I watch him, the more I feel like he isn't a butler." Brandon declared to his butler as they walked down the corridor towards the dining hall where the ladies –and him as the only gentleman in the school –were expected to have their lunch. The two of them –being males still going through the tail end of their puberty years –had been the first pair to rush off to the meal to feed their growing bodies –thus explaining the lack of classmates in the corridor for they were all hanging behind his pace.

"The problem is, we're having troubles pin-pointing what he is, if he isn't a butler." Keyron reminded in a matter-of-fact tone, completely having no problems keeping up with Brandon's fast strides.

"Whatever he is, he is danger to Louise." Brandon declared, still careful to keep his voice low just in case anyone overheard. He could never take proverbs too literally, but he distantly believed in one that said 'walls have ears'.

"We cannot remove him from Miss Louise. Firstly, he is the Head Butler of the Crawfords and has every right to be there serving the young mistress of Crawford. Secondly, you are no longer her fiancé, and have no business interfering with the Crawford's management. Thirdly, we don't want to gain more of Oscar's attention than we already have. We are supposed to help Kyrano watch over Miss Louise, not do anything stupid that might increase his punishment duration." Keyron reminded again, and even though the butler was doing very well in his duties of remembering the constraints of his master, it wasn't well appreciated as Brandon gave a scowl.

"You don't have to put it so nicely." The young master answered with a growl. "Instead of remembering all these useless things, it would be nice if you put your tiny brain to use and come up with an idea of how to deal with him first."

"I fear my tiny brain might be too limited in capacity to come up with any ideas, Brandon." Keyron answered mildly even as Brandon picked a table on random, sitting himself obediently as Keyron busied himself righting the tableware to his master's reach. Without waiting for an iconic protest from his master, the butler moved off quickly through the door to the kitchen and reappeared almost as quickly with a push-cart of dishes.

Brandon was practically salivating when Keyron reached his side –already well into the preparation of the meal while the other ladies of the same class were simply just beginning to reach the place. Keyron, feeling particularly evil, only made his actions even slower than usual, making a purposeful show of being careful as he slowly rested covered plate after plate on the table.

"Keyron." Brandon growled his name lowly, and the butler suppressed a voracious grin at the hungry man. "Don't make me wait, or I'll sell you to the Crawfords."

"One Kyrano might just be enough for them." Keyron answered once more mildly as he took pity on the puppy-dog face that his master was making eagerly at the dishes spread out in front of him, removing the covers off the plate quickly and efficiently to show his perfect cooking skills.

There used to be only one butler in the academy who could beat him at such butlering skills, but the man was currently away from the school, taking punishment in the Main House for falling in love –and making his mistress fall in love with him.

Done with his job, Keyron hung respectively behind his master as Brandon attacked fervently at the food, frowning internally at how his carefully prepared meal wasn't tasted with the appropriate pace of enjoyment, but rather shoved carelessly into the open mouth that was becoming more and more like a black hole with the way it vacuumed food. Sighing softly so that his master wouldn't hear of his disappointment, Keyron cast a disinterested eye at the surrounding, at the many ladies that had taken their seats –some with their heads in their books, and other sharing gossips together –while their butler went to collect the food prepared beforehand.