"How was Tokyo?"

"Cold, it's good to be back home. How was Fashion Week?"

"Crazy, as usual. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I weren't in such high demand right now," I let out a sigh as I lean against the railing. I hear the familiar countdown begin in the room, though it sounds a bit muffled. Michael places his mouth over mine in one swift motion, as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"5....4....3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" People began cheering and clapping, blowing air horns and shooting streamers all over the place. Fireworks began shooting off in the distance as well to signify the new year and the familiar Auld Lang Syne was sung.

We pull apart after a few moments, a smile across my features as well as a few laughs. That kiss made my whole night a whole lot better.

"Happy New Year, baby," he says before leaning his back in to kiss me again.

-----

January 6th, 1989.

What Mom failed to mention to me on the phone was that the whole family was getting a whole new living arrangement. Due to their work. The firm was having a big bump in funding so that meant the next logical step was take the business where the clients were, which was here in California.

Michael and I were more than happy to help my family move into their home. Michael drove his Chevy Blazer, which he couldn't get enough of these days, as I stuck my head out the window. Even with the chilly nights, the days were still warm as ever. For a moment, I almost thought we were a normal couple. You know, minus the big celebrity statuses we had.

"Kenny, please. I'd really hate to have to explain to your parents how exactly you got decapitated on the way to the house," Michael said. "Last thing I need is for them to put my head over a fireplace when we get there."

I laughed, but then stopped abruptly since considering Michael's track record, he could well be warning me and not joking. I take in one big breath of the air before closing the window up. I hadn't even noticed that we pulled up to a gated community until Michael opened the window to speak to a guard. And I'm not kidding, there was a real life guard at the gate and not just those little security offices that are empty.

I'm wondering how big this bump in funding was. After speaking to the guard for longer than necessary (he wanted Michael's autograph), we pull up to a beautiful yet simple home. It was two floors, and looked big enough to have two or three bedrooms. And here I had been thinking Mom was going to buy some over the top house.

The color was a mix between a beige and muted orange color, a Spanish Revival home is what people would usually call it. Two big moving trucks blocked the way so Michael parked on the curb, with me hopping out as soon as he cut the engine.

"Ken!" My mom was already outside, calling out to me just as I was about to go for the front door

"Ken!" My mom was already outside, calling out to me just as I was about to go for the front door. She's not in her best clothes, considering this wasn't really the time to look good for anybody. I wrap her up in a warm hug as Michael does the same.