14 || A camping we will go

Start from the beginning

"I don't know how to set up a tent!" I exclaimed.

"All you do is follow the instructions right? It can't be that hard," Ivy starts taking out our tent parts. So I stand back and watch the genius's that are my best friends try and fail to assemble our tent. 

"It can't be that hard," I mimic Ivy. "What's taking so long?"

"Maybe if you helped," she glared at me.

"How about I get some help?" I turned on my heel to find someone who knew what they were doing.

Most everyone was struggling with tent setup except lo and behold the King himself. Now Carter and the guys were just lounging around laughing at everyone else. I stormed up to them.

"Could you be anymore obnoxious?" I crossed my arms.

"My favorite cheerleader," Carter smirked. "What's the problem now?"

"Instead of sitting around laughing at everyone else maybe you can go and offer your assistance."

"Nah," Trevor said. "Too much work."

I turned to Ryan. He shook his head no.

"Let me guess, no?" I scowled at Carter.

"You guessed correct."

"Alright well maybe I wasn't clear enough. You're going to get your asses up right freaking now and help or so help me I will-"

"Ok, ok," Ryan held up his hands. "We'll help."

I smiled. "Good."

With their assistance the rest of the tents went up without a hitch. After that was all settled we started on our hike. Coach Brown promised us a surprise at the end.

"I hate hiking!" I complained. "So much walking uphill!"

"My hair is turning into a frizzball," Chanel whined with me. "This humidity is not helping."

"We're almost to the top," Coach Reynolds called. "Not much father now."

Britney actually convinced a guy to piggyback her the entire hike. Her feet hadn't even touched the ground.

"The surprise better be good," Nikole grumbled.

Only Ivy was in happy spirits, and she was way ahead of us with the guys.

Then at long last we reached the top.

Maybe it was worth it after all.

The view was spectacular. Like out of a post card spectacular. Tumblr worthy.

"Wow," I breathed out.

"Everyone gather around," Coach Brown motioned us forward. "As great as this view is this is not the surprise."

We all waited for her to speak.

"The surprise is...we're going to be zip lining from here!"

My stomach dropped.

Ivy looked positively nauseous.

"That's the surprise?" I blurted. "Zip lining to our deaths?"

"I assure you it's perfectly safe."

Safe my ass! The entire class was excited but I felt sick. Just looking at the drop made me want to faint.

The coaches went over the safety rules and instructions before handing us our gear. We all got in line and I happened to end up in front of Carter.

"Maybe you can go ahead of me," I said nervously watching as yet another student jumped off from the cliff and zipped down, down, down.

"What's wrong?" Carter laughed. "I thought you could do anything? What's a little zip lining?"