Chapter Two - The Blue Team

Začít od začátku

‘’She asked you a question,’’ says Robbie, approaching the boy as though looking for trouble.

‘’Leave him alone!’’ Kate orders angrily as Robbie squares up to the boy.

‘’We’re supposed to be a team,’’ I say, reminding him of this fact.

‘’I was just trying to help you,’’ explains Robbie.

Wrong. He was trying to impress me. I’m used to idiots like him that think girls love when guys are dicks to their clear inferiors. The boy is clearly not speaking because he too recognises the kind of person Robbie is, and is obviously used to being thwarted by them. He didn’t speak because he wanted to avoid something like this.

‘’I think I can handle it,’’ I say, ‘’I’m a girl, not an infant.’’

‘’Whatever,’’ he shrugs, trying to play it cool.

‘’So are any of you familiar with the game? Or is it new to all of you as well?’’ questions Kate after a few moments of awkward silence.

‘’I played it,’’ I announce.

‘’Same,’’ says Aaron, ‘’it was basically hide and seek but both teams were hiding and seeking at the same time.’’

‘’And you got the shit kicked out of you if you were caught, until you gave up your letter,’’ adds Robbie.

Kate looks horrified.

‘’Don’t worry,’’ I assure, ‘’it wasn’t as bad as he makes it sound. I played it and the guys are usually gentle with the girls.’’

‘’They’re puffs. If you play, you gotta play properly,’’ says Robbie, Eve gives him a dirty look from across the hall.

‘’They’re gentlemen,’’ corrects Kate.

‘’There are various versions of the game, in the game we played there was tickling and kissing involved,’’ explains Eve, ‘’all the guys went for me especially.’’

As she says this she giggles fakely, trying to boast. I find myself rolling my eyes now, this girl is going to get on my nerves.

‘’I bet they were,’’ answers Aaron and I try hard not to smile.

 ‘’The letter said the game will be slightly modified, what do you think that means?’’ Kate asks before Eve can respond to Aaron.

Aaron shrugs his shoulders.

‘’Probably the length we’re playing for, and the scale of the boundaries. We have a whole island, and we were provided with sleeping gear. This could take a while,’’ I suggest.

‘’Plus it is a TV show, they’ll want drama, romance and lots of action, anything to make it more exciting for the people watching at home-’’ adds Aaron, but before he can finish, he is interrupted.

‘’Do you think it’s live?’’ interjects Eve, ‘’does my hair look OK?’’

I can tell everyone is thinking of a snarky remark, something to put this materialistic and egotistical brat in her place.

‘’Yeah,’’ begins Robbie and Eve smiles however her expression quickly changes with the rest of his sentence, ‘’you really rock the dragged through a bush look.’’

My jaw drops with shock and I laugh aloud slightly, as do the others. Even the quiet boy stifles a chuckle.

‘’Excuse me?’’ she gasps in both horror and shock.

‘’Did you fart?’’ asks Kate with a serious look on her face, although I can tell she is fighting hard to keep the facade up.

Eve’s face contorts into a look of absolute disgust. She turns and storms from the hallway and heads straight outside with her pack slung over one shoulder. We wait a second in silence, and when she is out of earshot we burst into laughter. This is going to be fun.