A Normal Day In A Teenage Life

"Good nap, Miss Rae?"

My eyes opened slowly, only to realise that the voice had originated from Mr Riches, my form tutor. He stood at the front of the small classroom, arms crossed and a very unimpressed look donning his features. It was as if a bolt of electricity was sent through my body from the speed that I sat straight, my face burning in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry sir..." The response left in a timid mumble, not the approach I was heading for. I was asleep simply because I was exhausted from the exploring of the night before. Not really an excuse but that's the truth of what happened. It was just that my house happened to be overlooking a small area of just trees...so a small forest type area. I didn't really get that far before Private had woken my father up and I was dragged back into the house.

May as well introduce myself a little here. So here goes. I'm Luna Rae but my friend (yes, just one) calls me Moon. Lame, I know. I am currently attending a small high school in America, and have been for only 4 months now. My father dragged me over to here when he left my hometown in England the week after my mother's rehabilitation. Before you think that my mother was an abusive wife or mother, she wasn't but she did have a problem with drink and some drugs that led her to losing her job, and eventually her family. I like to keep in contact with her, when I can.

Going back to reality, the bell was ringing to signal the end of form and the beginning of first period. Oh great... Math. Collecting my items from the desk, I shoved them into my backpack and started to make my way out of the room. However, I didn't plan on the 'trip' that I would be experiencing between the journey. Face flat on the floor, I didn't dare move until everyone had left the room, fearing the laughter and teasing that would no doubt be waiting for me.

"Hey. Are you ok?" a deep voice asked, a tad bit of British familiarity in the accent. However, I refused to look up to identify the owner of the voice so instead continued to lay flat on my front.

"I-Is everyone gone...?" My voice like a mouse's scared squeak. To be fair, I probably looked like a strange green haired mouse.

"All but me and you, kid."

And with that, I got up to my hands and knees, grabbing the strap of my bag. The faster I was out of the room, the less laughing and teasing I would have to go through. Cheeks a bright red and my small body shaking under the stare of the stranger, I scurried out of the door and straight to my math room. I must have seemed very rude, but I wasn't really one for social occasions, finding it hard to even look people in their eyes. Call me what you like, I'm just very shy.

The time passed by at its usual slow pace. It was soon lunch, and I had settled myself at the farthest tree, as per usual. Unpacking my lunch, I had also bought out my headphones and iPod, tuning into the humorous tunes of blink 182, one of my favourite bands. Dammit blasted through my headphones as I began to nibble at my ham salad sandwich, not even noticing as my best and only friend, Rian sat next to me.

"Helllllooooo? Earth to Moon?" His hand waved in front of my face as I was mid-bite of my sandwich. Let's put it this way, I was lucky to have my sandwich left from the scare. Ripping my headphones down so that they rested on my neck, I glared over at my friend.

"What? You know that you shouldn't interrupt the blink..." I huffed, looking at my friend with my bottom lip sticking out. Honestly though, I couldn't stay mad at him and he knew that, from the first day we met.

"I know Lulu," Oh god, another nickname! "But I was just wondering if my friends could join us for lunch this time... They really are concerned on where I go for lunch all the time."

My face must have lost about three shades, because Rian looked as panicked as I felt. "No, honestly Luna, you will really like them! They are such chill guys!" With the best puppy eyes he could muster, his head fell onto my lap so I couldn't really escape the look. Before I could stop myself, I felt my head nod up and down. I really need to work on that...

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" A smile that could brighten a room appeared on his well defined face before he ran off to go and get his other friends.

What have I gotten myself into...

My hands instinctively started shoving my stuff into my backpack and it was almost over my shoulder. That was until Rian led a group of three boys over to the tree. Too late, I guess. With a sigh, I let my bag fall to the grass next to me.

With every step they took closer, my throat closed up more. Ok Luna, it's time to calm down and face them head on. Deep breaths. Deep...

"Luna, these are my friends and band mates," a smiling Rian announced as soon as they reached the area where I was settled. Three boys stood around my friend, smiling and staring, but I was sitting on the ground trying to find any oxygen. There must be some oxygen that would fit into my lungs. Anywhere!

"Dude, your girlfriend doesn't look too good..." The voice was quickly fading as the world turned black...

-Jack's POV-

It started off as a normal lunch hour. Rian had disappeared yet again after the teasing that occurred from yours truly, and the rest of us were just talking about the band and how we were going to sound sick at the talent show in two months. Our band was All Time Low, and I promise you, we will make it big. I just know it!

"So Jack. What's it like to have the second bushiest eyebrows in school?" Alex teased, wiggling his at me as if he was trying to prove his point.

"I wouldn't know Alex, considering I DO have the bushiest eyebrows!" I smirked, wiggling my own eyebrows at my best friend. We had been doing this for the last 5 minutes and it probably wouldn't have stopped any time soon. Unfortunately, it did... Rian had ran up to the picnic table, a huge smile on his face.

"GUYS!" He yelled, as if we weren't only sitting under a foot away from where he was stood. That boy needed to understand perspective and how you don't have to shout if they are sat in front of you. My poor ears...

"What is it? It better be important or you can pay for my hearing test..." Alex mockingly glared over to our drummer. Rian must have known he was joking because he simply rolled his dark eyes and let the smile grow larger on his face...if that was even possible.

"It is! You guys are able to come and meet Luna!" He beamed, before beckoning us to follow him. As if on cue, everyone had stood and began to follow the other, to go meet a girl I don't even know. That's strange considering I know nearly everyone.

"I wonder if this is the girl that fell in my form this morning," Alex sniggered. Oh yes. She had been a big source of his giggles the whole day. Honestly, I wasn't much help with all the jokes I made about the fall. They were pretty funny, in all honesty.

"Luna, these are my friends and band mates." Not realising we had made it, I looked down and was instantly dumbfounded. Sitting there, looking terrified, was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Big grey blue eyes outlined with thick black eyeliner and bright green hair shaved on the right side, it all contrasted with her perfectly pale skin. The Green Day hoodie buried her figure almost completely, leaving only the knees downwards visible, with them attired in a dark green denim. This being was perfect...

Snapping out of my thoughts on how perfect she was, I was able to watch her sway from side to side.

"Dude, your girlfriend doesn't look too good." Hearing Zack call her Rian's girlfriend almost broke my heart. I wanted her... I looked towards the drummer, seeing a small smile and blush creep onto his face made me a little angry. I mean, how dare he not inform us she was his girlfriend beforehand! Here I was, thinking about how beautiful she was and she was taken by my friend this whole time!

Moving my eyes down, she was lay on the grass probably passed out. Well, way to make a good impression.

"Rian, your girlfriend might need to be taken to the nurse." I muttered, not being able to take my eyes from the fallen figure. The hair had strips of dark shade of green, reminding me of the trees that surround my neighbourhood, and her skin was paler than before with the beginning of dark circles under her eyes.

"Guys, she's not my girlfriend. We are just friends."

Hope. That's what now filled my mind about the chances I had. Hope.