Chapter 2

Thanks for the reads and votes!

~~~

~~~Time skip~~~

~~~Jamie's POV~~~

After school, Ashton insisted on taking me home. "C'mon. I don't want you walking alone..."

"Well it's really far and my parents don't really... Like people over..." I'd started talking a little more to him. This is the most I've talked to anyone in a long time.

"C'mon. I have a car, ya know. It wouldn't be that long of a ride. And I don't have to go in."

I sighed, giving in. "Fine..." He led me to the car and opened my door. I blushed a little and got in.

He shut it behind me and got in on his side. "Just direct me." I nodded and buckled as he did. He pulled out of the school parking lot and I directed him to my house.

Once we pulled up, I looked at the house and saw an extra car. No... I recognize that car... "Keep driving... Please..." I said shakily, terrified.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it! Please!" I rose my voice, causing it to squeak and crack.

He nodded and started driving again, concerned. "What's wrong?"

I had pulled my knees up to my chest and was shaking. "That's my uncle... He hasn't been in town since I was nine..."

"What's so bad about that? Don't you want to see him then?"

"No... I don't..."

"Oh... Wh-what happened?"

"I-I'll tell you later... This is probably too much to ask... But can I stay over tonight? I can't be near that manic and he's probably staying all night... Maybe even a few days..."

He nodded. "Of course... Just tell me what's wrong when we get there... I'm worried about you... But what's your name?"

I looked at him. "Sorry... I didn't realize... I'm Jamie..."

He nodded. "That's a nice name."

I blushed a little. "Thanks..."

We soon pulled up to a house. "My parents aren't home. My mom works until 8 and my dad only comes home on the weekends."

"Oh..." I unbuckled. "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine. I'm used to it. It's nice being alone."

I nodded. "I know the feeling..."

He got out and walked around to my side. I opened the door and he helped me out. "Your face is pretty banged up. We should see what we can do about that." I nodded and followed him inside. He led me upstairs and do his room. "Sorry for the mess. I'm too lazy to clean." He laughed. I just smiled as he led me into the bathroom. He opened the cabinet and grabbed a first-aid kit. He opened it and put some alcohol on a pad. "Okay. You're too short for this." He chuckled and picked me up, putting me on the counter. I squeaked when he hit a bruise on my side. "Sorry..." He muttered.

"It's fine..." I looked down. He reached up and dabbed my face with the pad. I flinched a little but let him, gripping his arm a bit.

"It hurts a bit..." He said softly. I just nodded slightly and stared at the wall. He continued until he thought it was clean and put the pad down. He grabbed a cream and put some on his finger. He dabbed it under my eye that was almost black by now. "When my mom gets home she's gonna ask what happened if she sees this. I'll be right back." He walked out of the room and I looked at myself in the mirror. I inspected the scars on my face until I was startled with him walking back in. "I jacked this from my mom. I may have to put it on your whole face because she's a bit tanner than you. You're really pale."

I laughed a bit. "Yeah. I'm a vampire, dontcha know?"

He laughed. "You're a lot more fun when you talk."

"Well people usually don't like it when I talk so I just don't."

He frowned. "Why not? Your voice is nice."

I blushed deeply. "Thanks..."

He smiled. "Of course." He opened the tube and applied it to my eye. "Eh. It's not too bad. I'll just do it to your other eye." He did as he said and put the tube down. He picked me up off the counter and put me down.

"My legs work, ya know."

"You're light and hurt. I'm fine with carrying you." He picked me up again, just to prove a point, and carried me back into his bedroom. He set me down on his bed and I ended up sitting on a shoe.

"Why is there a shoe on your bed?" I laughed and threw it in the floor.

"I don't even know." He laughed and sat next to me with a yawn. I yawned as well and sighed. "Tired?" He asked and I nodded groggily. Now that I was sitting down, I realized how tired I was. He cleaned off the bed and pat the pillow. "Lie down."

I blushed and kicked my shoes off before lying down. He pulled the blanket over me and laid next to me, looking at me. "Hi," I said awkwardly.

He chuckled. "Hi." He reached over and turned the light off. "Night."

"Night..." I smiled and closed my eyes. Woah...

~~~

So? Ideas? Suggestions?

COVERS. PLEASE.

Goals:

15 views

5 votes

5 comments

(Whole book)

Thanks!

^^ media is Ashton