Chapter 5

Josh's POV
I led Maya down the fire escape of the Matthews' apartment building to my little Prius. Gift from Ma for my sixteenth birthday. Maya hadn't spoken for a while. Just kinda followed behind with this expression of happy disbelief. I smiled to myself. She was so cute.

Maya's POV
How do you speak English? I can't seem to remember...

Josh's POV
After we'd been driving for a while, Maya spoke up, her voice almost startling me.
"Where are we going?" she asked. I smirked. "You'll see. Be patient Hart,"

Maya's POV
That smirk....GAH!

Josh's POV
After that the car ride was quite talkative. I never realized what a goofball Maya was. She had my laughing my ass off most of the ride. But it didn't get her distracted enough to notice the 'Splash World Next Right' sign. Her face lit up.
"Splash World Water Park?!" she exclaimed. "I haven't been there since I was six!" I smiled. "I know. Riley told me it would be perfect," I said. Maya just smiled. I love her smile.

                               ****

Maya's POV
After every water slide, the wave pool, and Josh almost flying out of an inner tube a couple of times, we were ready to finish the day with a snow cone. While we stood in line, I looked up at Josh to find him staring at me. I blushed, embarrassed. "What?" I asked. He blushed a bit. "Well I was just thinking..." he trailed off.
"Yes?" I asked. He scratched the back of his head nervously. "Six weeks. We're still in the six weeks. You know, when we're only two years apart?" he stammered. I smiled. And without another word, I slipped my hand into his. This was so much better than a snow cone anyway.

The Preview: A Joshaya StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara