Chapter 3

Josh's POV

As soon as I was out of that classroom I felt better. The nerves disappeared and I was ready to put my plan into action. I got in my car and called my mom.

"Hi Joshie! Whatcha need sweetheart?" she said cheerily. I winced at the nickname. "Hey Ma, so I was wondering if I could stay at Corey's for the rest of this week? And possibly next week? Maybe? Pleeeeaase!" I sounded like a three year old, but it must have worked because she said yes. Now I just needed to plan everything else. But that would have to wait; I had one more call to make.

"Josh? Aren't you supposed to be helping Corey with his class right about now?" said Topanga. "Yes but I've been excused, it's important," I said impatiently. "Is something wrong?" Topanga asked with concern. "No no," I said. "I just need a favor. Listen, can you have Riley make sure Maya's in the bay window next Sunday at three?" Silence. "No questions please. Just trust me." Still silence. Then finally she spoke. "Okay Josh I will. But promise one one thing." This time I was silent. She continued. "Don't hurt Maya."

Author's Note: Hey lovelies! I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and positive feedback. I will try my very best to update daily, but I'm doing a lot of prep for high school because I'm entering eighth grade this year. So if my updating is staggered, please be patient. Thanks so very much! 😘