Epilogue

3rd person POV

April 34

Only a week after the deaths of the triplets, all within minutes of each other, their bodies were brought to be buried together. Three coffins sat at the front of the room. Three sixteen year olds, who had committed suicide, all within the same half hour. In front of each coffin was a stand, displaying a good picture of the three, taken by the Ouran High School newspaper club on their first day at Ouran, and their note. Each note said the same thing, in their own scrawled handwriting.

I couldn't live without them.

On the front row at the funeral, sat each set of their grandparents, and their one uncle, who had done his best to clean up his appearance. They seemed to be handling their grief as well as could be expected.

In the second row sat the members of the Ouran High School Host Club. They all held an heir of grief about them. They each cried at some point during the funeral. Even Mori let a tear slip as he stood by the coffins, imagining to himself, that they were still there. Tani standing beside him, laughing with Mitsukuni about why there was so many flavors of cake. That Tomo and Taro stood beside him as they silently watched their closest family members, protecting them. Mori had to be awakened from his trance, as his cousin gently took his arm, leading him to their seats, so that the next people could view the bodies.

The hosts had received a letter from Taro, sent from his house only a few hours before his death. It had thanked them one last time, for being the heroes the triplets needed. It also asked them to find Tomo and Tani, and tell them how much Taro had loved them, even if he didn't know what love was anymore. The hosts were sorry they could not fulfill his requests.

Behind the Host Club sat quite a few boys and one girl. The boys were all those whom Taro had fought, for saying insensitive words within his earshot. The girl was the very same who had attacked Tani in the girls' restroom.

And then, in the very back of the room, stood a man wearing all orange, with handcuffs on his wrists. He was quietly crying. With him were three female officers. The same officers who had taken the triplets to their new homes six months earlier.

"Why are you crying?" asked the oldest of the officers quietly. "You're the reason they had to be seperated in the first place. After what you did to them, you don't even deserve to be here."

"I'm still their father," he replied. "I held them as infants, and just wanted them to grow up to be strong. To see the worst so they could face the world with confidence. I took it too far. I see that now."

"And your gang?" the officer pressed.

The man chuckled darkly. "All boys who had nothing left in the world. You took me away from them, the only parent figure they trusted, and now they're angry. You get to pay the price for that one, Officer. Sure, I'll do my time, and I'll do it with pride. I deserve whatever I get now, I suppose. Whatever painful death I end up dying, I earned it." Then, gesturing to the coffins, he added, "They didn't."

...

A week after the triplets funeral, it was reported that their Father was killed in a prison shanking by his cell mate, after reportedly telling his attacker, a father of infant fraternal twins, his crimes.

...