2

We were getting off the plane, once again in Japan, the land of our birth. Taro grabbed our suitcase from the lineup, and we walked to the sign that said Hidori, and were led to our father's limousine. It wasn't long before we were almost back to the place that still haunted our dreams. The three of us had been silent since we left our home in America, after the officer had told us of our mother's death. There had been nothing to say. We knew how each other felt, and we also knew we couldn't calm each other's fears. Not where we were going.

The limo pulled up to the mansion we were going to be living in again. Our father stood outside, his hands held behind his back. He had been waiting for us. We stood before him, in order of age, as he expected. He looked each of us in the eyes, staring us down. One by one, we each looked away from his cold gaze. He smirked, then, slowly, embraced each of us in turn. I could feel the discomfort coming from my brothers in waves. Eventually, it was my turn. I did my best not to flinch away as our father pressed his chest to mine, his hands reaching low, grasping my butt, before he released me entirely.

Tomo grabbed my hand as our father turned away from us. We followed him obediently into the mansion. He led us to our old room, which was sparse, save for a large bed and a dresser. We entered the room and he faced us once more.

"You will resume training tomorrow evening, after attending school at Ouran High School. You will pick up your uniforms at the school tomorrow as well," he said, before shutting the door and locking us in.

Taro sighed from behind me. "Just when we thought we had escaped him for good," he wispered. He placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, and I turned to hug him. He held me tight, and Tomo joined us.

By this time, it was getting very late, so we decided to lay down in bed. They kept me between them, afraid Father would begin his process early. We held hands in our sleep, like we had done since we were little, hoping that any break in contact would wake us all.

Fortunately, we were not disturbed that night. We awoke in the morning to the sound of our door unlocking. Getting up quietly, we dressed and prepared for school, my brothers donning their usual jackets. I pulled my red and black hair up into short ponytails, leaving my side-swept bangs where they lay across the right side of my face. Making our way downstairs, we each grabbed an apple from the kitchen and walked out to the waiting limo, eating the red fruits on the way to the school.

The school was... pink.

"You've got to be kidding me," I murmured. Taro smirked beside me.

We walked in the front doors, ignoring the stares we received from the students, who were all in uniform. Blue jackets and slacks with ties for the boys, and banana yellow dresses for the girls. This couldn't be real. I had to wear a dress!?

We went to the main office to get our schedules. There, waiting to greet us, was none other than the prince of the school, as he called himself, Tamaki Suoh. He would be leading us to our first class. Taro told him our names, but otherwise, we remained silent. Tamaki led us to room 1A, the entire time talking about how wonderful it was to be at this prestigious school, and that we would be in the same class as his friends, Haruhi Fujioka, and the Hitachiin twins, Hikari and Kaoru.

"Thank you," my brothers and I said, bowing respectfully in unison as we reached the class.

"You're welcome," Tamaki practically squealed, grabbing us all in a bone crushing hug. We did not return the hug, and instead remained awkwardly until he released us.

Finally, Tamaki left, and we were able to enter our class. The teacher looked up, seeming to have forgotten he was expecting new students.

"Oh yes," he said absent-mindedly. "The Hidori triplets... Taro, Tomo, and Tani, correct? Yes, take your seats alphabetically behind Hitachiin Hikaru, Fujioka, and Hitachiin Kaoru, please." We were not slow to notice how tense the room became once the teacher had said our last name. Nothing was known for certain to the public, I don't think, but there had always been rumors about how our father had made his fortune.

We took our seats. Alphabetically, I was seated between Taro and Tomo, behind Fujioka. I vaguely wondered how a girl had been allowed to wear the boy's uniform. I later realized, through the class, that they all seemed to think she was a he. Well, who was I to judge? My brothers and I wouldn't be getting our uniforms until after school.

It didn't seem like long before the bell for lunch rang. We stood and gathered our supplies back into our bags. My brothers stood on either side of me, and before us, the Hitachiin twins and Haruhi.

"They're triplets," Hikaru said.

"Like us, but with a sister, too," Kaoru finished.

My brothers and I glanced nervously at each other, not sure what to do.

Finally, the three, under Haruhi's lead, introduced themselves. We politely told them our names, as well.

"If you want, we can show you to the cafeteria," Haruhi offered, as the boys continued to stare awkwardly at each other.

"That would be great, thank you," I said, making my brothers snap out of their daze.

The three of us ended up eating outside for lunch. We had an hour. After we ate, Taro and I sat back to back, and Tomo lay on the ground beside us. I had our music journal in my lap, and was working on a new piece for us. It wasn't all our original music. Some of it was dictation; me listening to music and writing in the  chords for guitar, and notes and rythms for piano and drums.

 Some of it was dictation; me listening to music and writing in the  chords for guitar, and notes and rythms for piano and drums

"Hey!" a young, childlike voice called to us. "Are you writing music!?"

I looked up to see a little blond boy standing beside me, and a tall boy with black hair behind him. Tomo sat up on my other side, and Taro shifted so that he could see the boys.

"Yes," I answered quietly. "Um, who are you? We're new here..."

The little boy's face lit up in delight.

"That's so cool!" he exclaimed. "Oh, and my name is Mitsukuni m, but you can call me Hunny, and this is Takashi, or Mori."

I smiled at his enthusiasm. "Well, I'm Tani Hidori, and these are my brothers, Taro and Tomo."

"Ooh, you must be the triplets Hikaru and Kaoru were talking about!" Hunny replied. "Hey, there's a beginning of term talent show tomorrow. You guys should play some of your music!"

I chuckled a bit. "I'm not sure our usual style of music is quite right for this school," I admitted.

"Whatever you play, I'm sure it will be great!" Hunny assured me. "Besides, we can't all listen to classical music."

"Good point," I admitted. Then, the bell rang for us to return to the classrooms. I put the music journal away, then let Taro pull me to my feet.

"Well, bye, Hunny, Mori," I said politely. "See you later."

"Bye!" Hunny yelled happily.

"Bye," Mori said quietly. They were like polar opposites. I guess opposites do attract.