Stay By My Side

My eyes flutter open, and my vision is blurry. I rub my eyes, and my vision clears. Gumi, Luka, and Meiko are looking at me with worried expressions. They all look beaten up and weak, and they have bandages and some parts of their body are wrapped. Their hair is also messy. Gumi is holding to her stomach like someone punched her there and Meiko's holding to her head like she has a headache. I'm lying down, I think in a bed.

"Look, she's awake," Gumi says.

"Thankfully, she didn't get hurt like any of us," Luka points out.

"But how did you do that?" Meiko asks me. "When there was that blue light coming from your body and then Maru and the others disappeared?" Maru and the others disappeared? Did I do all that? Wow.

"I-I don't know," I say. "I just closed my eyes, focused, and then there was that blue light. And then I went unsconcious."

"Well, that's what really makes you special. Doing all of that without any training. I think you should really join the Vocaloid Division." Luka says.

"Vocaloid Division?" I ask. I heard it before when they were talking in that secret entrance place, but I have no idea what it is.

"It's a group created by the government of the special and powerful Vocaloids. The loids in the Vocaloid Division are the main loids that save the world. The other Vocaloids, they need training first. No one knows about it, except us, the government, and the school faculty. And now, you. We think you should join because you're special and you might be a princess, as Headmaster says. Me, Luka, Meiko, Kaito, Gakupo, Rin, and Len are all in it." Gumi explains, lowering her voice so only us can hear. "Oh, and speaking of Rin and Len, I think you should go see them. They look pretty hurt, you should check."

"Oh, okay, I will," I say. I'm worried. Will they be okay? I just met them two days ago but their my new friends. I get up and look around me. It's the infirmary we saw before, but parts of the walls are wrecked and some stuff are broken. Most of the students are here, some lying in the beds, hurt, and some standing up. I see the nurse we saw before helping the students, and she doesn't look so happy-go-lucky, but she looks serious. I look down at my clothes and see I'm wearing a hospital nightgown.

I get off the bed and stand up, but my knees are weak and I fall. "Shit," I mutter to myself. I look up and see Gumi holding out her bandaged hand. I grab it and get to my feet. "Come on, I'll show you to the twins," Gumi says. We walk down the extremely long infirmary. It doesn't even look like an infirmary, being oh so long, it looks like a hospital room. A LONG hospital room.

As we walk down the infirmary, I spot Kaito and Gakupo, beds beside each other. They have bandages and some of their body parts are wrapped. I look over at Kaito, whose bangs are covering his eyes a bit. His eyes open and he gives a half hurt smile. I half smile back, then he closes his eyes. I hope their alright.

Soon, we stop walking, and I look over to the beds. Rin and Len are there, and they look more hurt than any of us. They have bandages all over, and it looks most body parts are wrapped. One of Rin's arm is in a cast now, aside from her leg. Her crutches are leaning at the wall beside her, and I notice that the clips holding up her bangs are gone, and her bangs are covering her eyes. I also see that the big bow headband on her head is gone, too. She looks pretty hurt. I hope she'll be okay. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I also feel Gumi pat my back.

I look over at Len. He has bandages all over himself and I think almost every part of his body is wrapped. He still has a cast on his arm but he also has one on his leg. I see he's also on an oxygen tank. His bangs are covering his eyes. I feel tears roll down my cheeks and I cry. Gumi continues to pat my back, and I see she's crying, too. "Let's go see them," She says in tears. We walk over to Len. I kneel down.

"Len?" I say in tears.

"M-Miku...." I hear Len say weakly, sounding like with no oxygen. He also sounds in a weird, choppy, bad autotuned way. More tears spill down my face.

"Are you okay?!" I ask.

"I-I'm fine...." Len answers, but I know he's lying.

"Len, you shouldn't talk that much!" Gumi says, wiping the tears from her face.

"Is anyone forgetting me...?" I hear someone say jokingly, but weakly. It's Rin. We turn around and see that Rin woke up.

"Rin! Are you okay?" I ask, some more tears spilling down my face.

"Um, of course not...." Rin says jokingly again. I hear Len laugh, but it sounds more like gasping for air.

"Miku, I'm gonna go to the others, do you wanna come with me?" Gumi asks, still sounding a bit like crying.

"Thanks Gumi, but I just wanna stay by the twins side," I say.

"Okay, then," Gumi says, and walks away.

"Len, Rin, I want to stay by your side, and never leave," I say, as I sit down in the middle of the twins beds. I look outside the window. It's night, and the stars are shining brightly, but everything outside looks like a wreck and broken. More tears stream down my face, and I wipe them.

"M-Miku....?" I hear Len weakly say. I turn to him. "Mm?" I ask.

"P-Promise you won't leave my side....?" He asks.

"Promise," I say, half smiling with tears streaming down my face.

~~~

Soon, it's late, and the other students are beginning to leave and the lights are off, except for a bunch of nightlights. I'm sitting down, combing Len's hair in gentle motions, when Luka approaches me. "Hey, Miku, it's late, and we should really be getting back to the dorm. You coming?" She asks.

"No thanks," I say. "I'm sleeping here."

"You're really going to sleep there? Its much more comfier in the dorm," Luka points out.

"No thanks, I'm fine," I say.

"Okay, then. But you really need somewhere to sleep." Luka snaps her fingers and a mattress, a pillow, and a blanket appear under me.

"Thanks, Luka," I smile. She really cares, like a mother. She reminds me of my own mom. I miss her, and I kind of feel bad for lying to her of going to an art camp. Luka smiles back, and walks away.

Soon, most of the students are out, except the ones who are staying the beds and also the nurse. I get comfy, lie on the mattress and pull the blanket over me.

"You're really going to sleep there....?" I hear Rin ask.

"I don't want to leave you and Len's side," I say. "I'm really worried about you guys and I want you to be alright. I don't care if I have to sleep on a mattress on the floor. " And this mattress is really comfy, Luka does care.

"Okay, Mom..." Rin laughs weakly. Len laughs too, sounding like gasping for air mixed with choppy bad autotune.

"Len, you shouldn't talk that much. You should get some rest, both of you. Right now I'm going to sleep here until you guys get better," I say.

"Okay.... Mom...." Len laughs again. Rin laughs, too. I laugh a bit. I'm really acting like Luka, aren't I?

"Night," I say.

"Night...." Rin says back, giving my a half hurt smile.

"N-Night..." Len says.

I look up and the ceiling and try to fall asleep, but all I can think about is if Len and Rin will be okay. I hope they will, I'm really worried. I look to Len. He's already sleeping. I half smile. I feel a tear fall down my cheek, and I wipe it. I face the ceiling again.

Soon, I fall asleep.