Epilogue

Epilogue (4 years later)

“Are you ready?” Niall asks me.

I adjust my tie and nod. He smiles and walks outside with me.

“I can't believe today is finally here,” he says, before walking to his spot, “Good luck, Marcel,” he says patting me on the back.

So much has happened the past four years. I just recently graduated from Harvard, and Cami graduated from Berklee. I'm currently writing a book, like Cami suggested a few years ago. It will be published in a few months, but you already know that story. You lived it with me.

The boys are doing great. They're taking a break from tour, they've become really popular since being on the X-Factor. They didn't win, but they've won the world. Maybe you like their music and listen to their songs. I've performed at a few of their shows, I even have some fans. I've written some of their songs too.

Cami and I, well, we're still together. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but her. She's the love of my life, through the good and the bad. You're probably wondering what's happening now, so I'll continue on.

I stand on the dock of the lake and nervously twiddle my thumbs. The lake is exactly how it used to be. Nothing has changed. It's one of the few things in my life that has remained the same.

The wind is blowing lightly, not too much, but just enough. The faint smell of the lake and sweet flowers fill the air. The sun is shining and is causing the lake to glisten like diamonds. It couldn't be more perfect.

Louis walks over to me and smiles, “I couldn't be happier for you right now, Marcel.”

I smile, “Should I be this nervous?”

He shrugs and walks over to the rest of the boys.

I can't wait to see Cami. I wonder if she's as nervous as I am.

The music starts to play, and I smile at my mom who is sitting in the front row.

Lux, the flower girl, walks slowly down the aisle in her light purple dress, sprinkling dark purple flower petals. Theo follows behind her, a pillow in his hands with the rings. Zayn's daughter, Izzy, is standing beside him holding a dusty box.

My breath catches when I finally see Cami. It's like falling in love all over again. She smiles shyly as she walks closer to me. My heart is racing and I can barely stand.

She's beautiful.

Her long white dress is simple, but gorgeous, just like her. There's crystals on the top that shine like a million stars.

She's my star.

This can't be happening. It feels like I'm dreaming. It seems like just yesterday I had stood on this dock late at night and jumped into the lake with Cami. So many memories in this one spot.

Our spot.

Cami gets to the end of the aisle and her mom let's her go. She's letting her daughter go. It's finally time.

“You look breathtaking,” I whisper.

She blushes, “I love you,” she says, before holding my hand.

I'm in a daze as the minister talks, and before I know it, he's asking me to recite my vows.

My throat feels dry and my heart is pounding in my chest.

Izzy walks over with the box, and she searches for the envelope. Inside the box is all the trinkets from four years ago, and the letters we wrote that will now be used as our vows. She takes out the envelope and passes it to me. I slowly open it and pull out two letters. The letters we wrote four years ago, in this very spot. We haven't read them until now. I don't even remember what I wrote. I hold mine tightly and give Cami hers.