• Chapter 5 | New Student •

Hannah's Point Of View—

I walk out of Algebra, dangling the handle of my bag as I throw it on my back and head towards lunch.

Okay, I ran.

People may say school lunch sucks, but in my school, it's like a whole buffet.

Fast walking towards lunch— (didn't want to run so people can think what the hell is going on with me) I make it towards the entrance and in the room, quickly joining Lizzy and Daniella who I spotted right away.

"First time being late to your favorite subject," Danielle winks and I sigh, throwing myself on the chair besides Lizzie only for myself to fall to the ground. I look to see both Danielle and Lizzy laughing as I noticed Lizzie had moved the chair before I can sit, making me crash on to my buttocks.

"You guys just ruined my mood," I get up and give them a look.

Before any of them can say anything, my eyes stop at someone.

Someone familiar.

"What the f—" I stop myself from almost cursing once I saw the principle walking besides me, giving me a glare and I smile.

Turning back to my friends, I start whispering. "What the hell is she doing here?!"

"Who's 'she'?" Lizzie asks and I turn around to see the figure taking a seat two tables away from my table.

I secretly point my finger over at the person and Lizzie's eyes widen. She then smiles.

"Ohh, you mean Amanda? Yeah, she's a nice girl. I like her."

"You know her?" I ask and both her and Daniella nods.

"Of course we do. She's been here since the first day of school."

"Wait, What—"

"Why are you shocked? Do you know her?"

"Me? No, haha," I nervously laugh.

"Hannah? Is that you?" The familiar voice asks in a surprised tone. "Oh my god! It is!" I look over to see Amanda right in front of me.

"How do you know my name?" I cross my arms and face the other way.

"I heard your father mention your name before. Anyways, it's weird seeing you here!"

"Well, this is a school. Who wouldn't expect to see a student here?" I roll my eyes, telling her with a pinch of attitude as Lizzie kicks my leg from under the table, her and Danielle eyeing me once I glanced at them.

"Hey Hannah, guess what?" She asks in a excited tone. It sounded to excited that her voice even squeaked a bit.

Hey Hannah, guess what? I mock her, tilting my head a bit and sigh.

"What?"

"Guess who else attends this school?"

I sighed again. "Who?"

"Mason!"

"Don't know who he is, and don't care," I flop my hand. I then arranged the chair and sat down, facing my lunch.

"Really? But you were talking to him the other day."

"The only thing I was doing 'the other day' was either eating or watching anime."

"Really? So you weren't at Target talking to Mason?"

"Who the hell is Mason?" My voice got loud a bit, annoyed because I don't know who she was talking about.

"The brown haired boy with the green eyes?"

"Hohoh," I began to make weird sounds as I smiled. "You mean Oreki?"

"Who?" Amanda, Lizzy and Danielle looked at me with confusion.

"From Hyouka?" I try again. I shut my eyes. "It's an anime," I say and Lizzie smacks me in the back of the head.

"Uh, no." Amanda nervously laughs. "Well, the bells about to ring, have to leave. See you!" She waves and walks out the lunchroom.

"It just had to be you bringing up anime references!" This time Danielle was the one who lightly smacked me.

"Do you mean Oreo?" Lizzy mocks me.

"Oreki," I correct and she sighs, grabbing her back as the bell rang.

"See you guys after school," I grab my bag and rushed out the lunchroom, leaving my two friends behind.

~•~•~

APOLOGIES FOR NOT UPDATING IN A LONG TIME I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO WRITE😭 anyways I know it's late but happy New Years and May 2018 be great :D

sorry for the short chapter but the next one is gonna be good ;)

guess who's gonna sneak in the principals office and take a peek at the student files :)

- tdw 🌙