• Chapter 3 | Burgers & Liars •

Hannah's Point Of View —

Walking out of Burger King with about two full bags—

Yes, I plan on eating all of them so don't even try to ask for any, I was about to walk towards my car but I glance over at Target which happened to be right next to Burger King. Shrugging, I open my car but stop once a familiar voice stopped me.

"Hannah! What are you— never mind," my fathers voice calls out as he makes his way towards my car. "Is your friends over or something?" He asks once he saw the bags and I nervously chuckle.

"Sure~!" I give him a smile but he shakes his head and crosses his arms. "So what brings you here?"

"I work here," he points over to Target and I look at Target them back at him — noticing he was wearing the Target's uniform.

"What? You do?" I asked in a shocked voice. "But yesterday I came by and I asked one of the staffs and they said you don't work here," I explain but he shakes his head.

"Nope, I work here." He confirms and I frown.

That lady lied to me... I said in my head but open my car door. "Well dad, it was nice seeing ya, but I need to go home and eat," I wave the two bags.

"Alright, but when I get home I better find at least one burger on the kitchen counter. If I don't, I'm sending you back to Burger King by the time I come back to by me a lot do I can eat it right in front of your face you little fatty," he points at me and I chuckle and nod. As he waved, I hopped in the drivers seat and began to drive out the parking lot.

~•~•~

"I watched, and I watched, and I watched," I scroll through the movies/shows on Netflix, looking for something to watch. "And I watched and I— Oh~! What is this?" I stop at a cartoon tv series to see it was named Miraculous Ladybug.

After reading the description, I let out a small laugh and clicked on the first episode. "Who knew teens can be heros? How old are they? Fifteen? Sixteen? I'm seventeen and I'm nothing," I start fake sobbing to myself as I clicked on the first episode and began to watch.

After about two hours of watching, I made it to the third to last episode as the two bags of burgers were completely gone.

Struggling myself to grab the remote to play the next episode due to my stomach aching a bit, the door suddenly busted open.

"I'm sorry I didn't save you any my stomach was just begging for more! I'll go get you one right away!" I yell as I forced myself to get up but stop once it revealed to be Lizzy and Daniella.

As it went silent for a moment, our eyes meeting and giving each other confused looks, they turn around. "I guess it was a wrong time to come?" Daniella asks.

"Yeah, we even got you burgers," Lizzy waves around two bags and my eyes widen.

"No! Stay!" I yell and they laugh, turning around as they sat down on the chair.

"Hey Hannah, what's this?" Daniella picks up two crumbled white bags, similar to the ones they have and I quickly take the two crumbled bags away and nervously toss them in the trash.

"Beats me," I shrug as I flop in the middle of the couch in between Lizzy and Daniella. "So, let's watch, I'm starving."

"I'm surprised you aren't watching Anime, instead your watching whatever this is," Daniella took out a burger as she unwrapped it and Lizzy agrees.