• Chapter 2 | Target Boy •

Hannah's Point Of View -

I wave goodbye to my two friends as they waved back, turning around as they walked together home due to them living on the same block. As they left to the next block, I went back inside and shut the door behind me.

I walked to the kitchen and headed to the fridge and opened it, only to stop halfway when I saw an unfamiliar sticky note sticked to fridge. I pull it off and read the paper.

Dear Hannah,

I'm off to London for a business trip and won't be back till next week. Make sure to stay in school and visit your father everyday after school! Oh, and one more thing, surprise me by keeping the house sparkling clean when I come back.

With love,

Mom.

"Darn, I was hoping to taking advantage and stay at home," I sighed and grabbed my bag as I start to head out the door.

Now which Target was it? I kept thinking which Target my dad was worked at as I shut the door behind me and start walking. I then stop walking and groaned to myself. I just remembered my mom told me to visit him after school, she never said I could now. Ugh, I could be home eating now! I slap my forehead and turn around to the direction of my house. But, I can take advantage and ask for free stuff, I turn back to the direction of Target and take a step. But what if he says no? I turn back to my house and slap my cheek and stomp on the floor.

"Hannah, dear, you alright?" An elderly voice asks me and I look across the street to see it was my neighbor.

"Uh, yeah! I'm fine. Sorry!" I apologize and quickly head towards Target.

~•~•~

I walk in the store and look around to see it was busy. Oh crap, I thought to myself and force myself to walk in.

My eyes stop at a lady who had the Target uniform on putting clothes where they belong and I quickly walk over to her and a smile. "Hi—" I stop and squint my eyes and took a peek at her name tag. "Hi Amanda!" I greet and she stops what she was doing and takes off her earplug and looks at me confused.

"Sorry?"

Darn, I was acting fake and she didn't even hear me.

"Amanda is it?" I ask her and she nods. "I was wondering if a guy named Daniel worked here?" I ask and she looks at me confused and thought a bit.

"Hm, I'm not sure. Here, let me finish and I'll check," she finishes the last of the boxes and fixes her clothes. "Stay right here, I'll be back," she then leaves.

Great, I've been abandoned again. My mom left me, my father is probably getting a new wife, and some girl I just met left me right after I didn't even ask her where the food aisle was at. I'll just go back to the dumpster where my parents found m— I get out of my fake dramatic imagination once someone bumped into me and I look to see it was a guy in a Target uniform holding a box.

"Sorry, ma'am," he apologizes and starts to walk pass me.

"Hey, your voice sounds familiar," I tell him and he stops and looks at me. "Have we met before?"

"Um, not sure. Never saw your face before but now that you mention it, I did hear your voice before," he then walks closer to me so that we were now facing each other.

He then looked at the box and though a moment. His eyes then widen and he looked at me. "Hey, have you recently did prank calls?"

"Oh yeah~! My friends forced me to do it. But it was actually fun. I pranked called Target and some boy answered. Tell me how he had the nerve to curse at a customer? Like how rude it that?"

The boy sighed then laughs. "Really? I wonder who it is."

"Yeah, me to. If I saw him I would of been like," I slap my hand and he laughs.

"Then do it."

"Eh?" I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm standing right in front of you and you aren't doing anything."

"Wait you were the one on the phone?" I ask and he nods.

I raise my hand in the air to slap him but he grabs my wrist. "You were the one who told me to slap you," I inform him and put my hand down.

"I didn't think you'd actually do it."

As he smiled and I laugh, I look at the ground then back at him. "Hey, do you know anybody named Da—"

"Hey, ma'am! I've checked and–" Amanda stopped running towards me once she glanced over at the boy who I was talking to. She then takes a deep breath and looks over at me.

"He doesn't work here," she then walks away without another word.

"Thank you for checking!" I wave at her but she doesn't reply and walks back to the staff room.

"What happen? Who are you looking for?" The boy asks me and I shake my head.

"No one, I'm probably at the wrong place. It was nice meeting you, Target boy!" I gave him a big smile and turn around to walk away.

"Alright, see you." He crosses his arms and waves at me as I skipped towards the exit.

Great, I've wasted my time and I didn't even find him. Well, at least I actually met the boy who I pranked called.

As I started to walk, I stop and frown.

Wait, what was his name?

~•~•~

SECOND CHAPTER!! Hopefully you guys are enjoying and I'll be updating soon!

- tdw