Wings #7 AWAKE

KIM SEOKJIN

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PART. IT ALL COMES TOGETHER HERE!

● Let me start off with the 7th wings video itself before I say anything.

●'The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.'

● Jin is the bird that broke out of the cage. In his short film, he's first sitting at the dining table with an apple before him. The apple represents a part of him,  that is Jimin. He picks up the apple but drops it. He doesn't bite onto it like Jimin(his old self) did.

● Jin walks to his room and in his room there is the piano, a lighter in his hand, the potrait we saw in the 1st short film and then theres the bed.

● He then picks up 6 petals of white lilly and lays them down on the floor. He did this in the beginning of INU mv as well.  These 6 petals stand for his alter egos or his past forms represented by other members of BTS.

● He sets fire to the petals which clearly marks the end of the other members' journey. Jin is the last form or represents the last phase of Sinclair's life.

● He then walks out of the room into a corridor or a hallway, on either side of which we can see the walls decorated by images of Abraxas. Which means Jin(Sinclair) is now completely surrounded by his god. 'The bird must fly to god'.

● Further down the hallway he sees the painting of a sparrow hawk. In the book, Sinclair paints a sparrow hawk and mails it to Demian. Demian and Eva both love the painting so much that they frame it and hang it up in their house.

●so, the painting is supposed to be at Demian's and Eva's place. But we can see here that it is in Sinclair(Jin)'s home. It just tells us over and over again that all the three people mentioned above are one.

● after the hallway scene, Jin walks off and the camera retreats back to where the 6 petals were. In place of the burnt petals we now see 6 photographers representing each member.
Mirror - Rapmonster
The painting of a mother and baby- Jhope
Piano - Suga
Apple - Jimin
Sparrow hawk painting - Jungkook
Scratched door - V

Link to HYYH :

1. In INU we see the same thing as we do in this short film. Jin curled up in bed, as if he knows that the world is an illusion. We even get to witness the petals on fire.

2. In RUN, he's the one who's recording everyone else instead of having fun. He looks lost asf and is surprised when the members notice him.

3. He isn't paired with anyone else throughout the series.

4. Jin is the one who builds the house of cards. V makes it fall but that doesn't bother Jin at all. Afterall, he is him.

5. The car is always driven by Jin. In INU, RUN and PROLOGUE as well. This means that he's the one that is behind the wheel. The one in control of his life and everything that happens with him.

6. Jungkook dies in a car accident. It might even be Jin who killed his own childhood self in order to attain something greater.

7. In the prologue,  Jin takes a picture with Suga. But then when he looks at it, it is only him in the photo. This again tells us that he's the only one who's real. The rest are gone and are a part of his own past.

● In 'awake' we can see that Jin has awaken from his dream. The dream is the world as we see it. There is a world outside our world. The one who wakes up from this, is the one who is said to be truly awake.

● Finally, the 4 dots/ circles. At the end of this short film, a single dot splits into 4 different dots. The one that represents Jin remains the same while that of the other members' is patterned of bears a flaw.

● In other words, other members' circles originate from Jin's circle. This means he's the one who is real. The one who is actually alive. The one who is the adult version of Sinclair. The one who awoke.

Next chap is the last one where imma tell u what the boy frigging meets ;)