Once I got my belongings together, I glanced back at him, only to see him staring me down. I smiled sweetly. "What?" I asked, "Don't you like my dress?" I turned round, putting myself on display for him.

He shrugged, an attempt to keep his cool, but his eyes gave him away. He couldn't stop looking at me. My confidence spiked.

"Sometimes my breasts get smashed in this thing," I mused, playing dumb, "How about now?" I bit my lip and ran my hands up my hips to my breasts, pushing them together, upwards. That got his attention.

"Holy fuck," he whispered, almost inaudibly.

"What?" I asked, hoping to prolong his frustration.

"You look great," he choked out, "Aaron is one lucky bastard."

I let out an uncharacteristically girlish giggle and sauntered past him, out my bedroom. His eyes remained on me till I left our flat. I relished the feeling. By the time I made it down to the subway I was ready to fuck someone's brains out.

•••

The moment I got out of the taxi, I became incredibly nervous. It was the first time I had really been alone with Aaron since our time together in Sandbanks. I walked in and his doorman greeted me. I told him whom I was there for, signed in and headed up.

Riding the lift to his flat, I checked out my reflection in the mirror and couldn't recognise myself. The longer I stared, the more I felt like an impostor. Like I was trying really hard to be something I wasn't. The lift came to a stop and I shook those thoughts away, thinking about the task at hand. I was here to patch things up with my boyfriend. My boyfriend who had no idea that we were having any trouble.

The hallway was painfully chic. There were marble floors, chandeliers and everything was washed in a contemporary gray scale. When I got to his unit, I knocked and he opened the door. He was in blue jeans and a button down. He had on an apron. His sleeves were rolled up, showing off his forearms. He had a sizzling pan in his hand. He quickly kissed me as he let me in.

"Hey babe," he said. He smiled, leaned in and gave me a more passionate kiss on the lips, "I'm almost done, make yourself comfortable." He hurried back to the kitchen. As I hung my bag in the closet, I felt something bump my leg. I looked down only to see Matty, Aaron's pug, sitting, waiting for me to pet him.

"Hello," I cooed. He pushed his head against me so that I could scratch behind his ears. Then he rolled over so I could get his belly.

"He really likes you," Aaron yelled from the kitchen, "he's usually hiding in my bedroom until people leave. Almost like a cat. He's a really shy boy."

"That's ok," I yelled back. I found comfort in dealing with Matty instead of Aaron. I was on the ground rubbing her belly. She planted kisses on my arms. "Who's the cutest? You certainly are."

After a short while, Aaron yelled, "Matty! Leave Vivian alone."

At the sound of his master's voice, Matty shot up and trotted into the kitchen. I, shyly, followed. The entryway lead to one of the most beautiful kitchens I had seen. Everything was stainless steel and granite. It was open, with an island in the middle.

Aaron had pulled his apron off. He looked amazing. His jeans seemed to be tailored to his body. His button up was impeccably pressed and clean for a man who had just cooked a meal. It was unbuttoned just enough to show off the top of his chest. He knelt down and pet Matty head in that way that only guys pet dogs.

"You gonna be a good boy?" he asked Matty, "Oh, you're gonna be a good boy. Ok, go lie down." He pointed for him to go towards his bedroom. He quickly obeyed.